Hi,

i would like to know, if i can run the Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition in a window modus or will run just in full screen?

Kind regards
    Max

Hi,

i would like to know, if i can run the Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition in a window modus or will run just in full screen?

Kind regards
    Max

Chessmaster runs in full-screen mode... however, you can use different "layouts", which effectively changes the size of the main window.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">layouts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    where can i get / download such layout

i have a 2 screen pc and i will play chess on one screen and work on the other at the same time

Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition does work with dual-monitor systems; in this case, you can move the Chessmaster window to one monitor, and work with other programs on the remaining monitor - no changes are needed.

Layouts are used mostly to configure size and position between different resolutions (800 x 600, 1024 x 768, etc.)

thank you, i will now order the game

I now have the following problem, if i move the game window to the second screen, i can still play but i can't

move the window anymore
    use the menue with my mouse
    resize the window
    move any pop window

is there a fix or is this a bug?

any answer?

Sorry for the delay...

Can you tell me what video card you have, and if you have installed the latest drivers?

Aside from the updates in the Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition Downloads, there are no new updates.

This is still unfixed and remains a problem in July 2021.

The main CM window cannot be resized if moved to the second monitor. You can still watch the game playing, but you will not be able to interact with it.
    The solution then is to revert to single monitor (via keyboard function [Fn] key + Function key [e.g., F8 on Dell laptops]) and then resize it so that when you do switch to dual monitor mode, the CM main window is only in the Primary Monitor (laptop's). So that way you don't have to kill the CM process.

Cheers
    Frankie Kam
    Malaysia