I don't know if this is me or there are faults with QMB but I thought I would ask to see other people's experiences.

A typical scenario is when I set up a QMB against average pilots (like myself - I think) in similar perfomance aeroplanes. The problem that I find is that the enemy planes always seem to fly faster even if I am in a slightly faster plane‚‚ā¨¬¶ I will be squeesing every ounce of performance out of my plane and still seem to loose ground to the enemy.

An example I tried recently was in a Bf109E against Hurricane MkIs, believe it or not I seemed to loose distance to them???

I also find that if I fly against aces and then switch the aces to average they still seem to fly like aces‚‚ā¨¬¶

Has anyone else found this anomaly?

BTW, I haven't tried the other homemade QMB by third parties so I don't know how they compare. I must admit I would like to see a few more maps in QMB since I do use it to practice in quite alot.

I don't know if this is me or there are faults with QMB but I thought I would ask to see other people's experiences.

A typical scenario is when I set up a QMB against average pilots (like myself - I think) in similar perfomance aeroplanes. The problem that I find is that the enemy planes always seem to fly faster even if I am in a slightly faster plane‚‚ā¨¬¶ I will be squeesing every ounce of performance out of my plane and still seem to loose ground to the enemy.

An example I tried recently was in a Bf109E against Hurricane MkIs, believe it or not I seemed to loose distance to them???

I also find that if I fly against aces and then switch the aces to average they still seem to fly like aces‚‚ā¨¬¶

Has anyone else found this anomaly?

BTW, I haven't tried the other homemade QMB by third parties so I don't know how they compare. I must admit I would like to see a few more maps in QMB since I do use it to practice in quite alot.

have you realised ur flaps might be extended on the smallest setting, or the the radiator postion is on FULL OPEN, that will give u more drag and slow you down, plus if you shoot like a maniac the bullets will slow you down. it actuly never hapened to me

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    Make sure you're fully trimmed and flying with the ball in the center of your sideslip indicator.
    Also remember, a lot of the speed "advantages" between these planes are by small intervals, such as 5-10 kph. That's not really that much, and if you're at close range, you better be trying to lose them in maneuvers before you try something. Diving can work unless you're being chased by a better diver. In a 109, try a spiral climb, etc...

I heard that there are problems with the AI, they don't overheat, don't black out due to high Gs, retain energy after sharp manouvers and don't get damaged from overspeed in dives.
    Recently I flew F4Fs and Zeros against each other, and most of the above seemed to be true for both sides, but haven't tested in detail.

F0_Dark_P's Avatar Senior Member
    it aint just radiator postion, trim etc the AI is definitely faster, they are cheating and that is not something new, i hope that will bi fixed in BoB when it comes

so GazzaMataz it is not just you

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Frankly I hope it gets fixed before that.

Well I have my flaps up, my trim sorted and the radiator slammed shut and I still don't seem to catch 'em.

But as some of you have said it looks like a bug that needs fixing‚‚ā¨¬¶ I am glad it ain't just me

Actually thinking about it I don't encounter this 'creature feature' when playing any of the normal missions. The AIs tend to be more of what you'd expect.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Jeez guys, Gazza's no noobie

which version? 3.03 - 3.04 was like that for me, fly with a plane at full speed can cant catch a much slower model of plane. I havnt seen this as much with 4.04.