Ive tried both and at the moment havent noticed any difference.

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a difference in the way the game looks between the 2 settings?
    thanks

Ive tried both and at the moment havent noticed any difference.

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a difference in the way the game looks between the 2 settings?
    thanks

Are you running perfect landscape? I think that makes a difference. I've tried both and do see a visual improvement with forest=3.

Hi Urufu,
    yes i have it set to perfect.

thanks

One noticable effect with Forest 3 is that individual trees sway gently in the breeze...

thanks for that

ffb's Avatar Banned
    I think in Perfect the 'random' trees sway in both 2 and 3

I did notice that my groups of trees had disappeared...but they came back when i changed from 3 to 2

But the forest trees still look like flat disks, right? Because that's what I'm seeing..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gnomie:
    But the forest trees still look like flat disks, right? Because that's what I'm seeing.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ignore the flat disc trees, they will always be there. They are simply an fps saver in depicting large forests. What forest=3 does is increased the amount of individual trees you see about. Perhaps it should be called Trees=3 instead of forest=3!

You might have to be running in Open GL mode.

You will see more trees around and in towns.

Most importantly you will see 3D trees at the edges of forests, so there is less chance of running into the 'disc' trees.