shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member

The Atmosphere of Stealth [Favourite atmospheric levels/moments]

I was playing SCCT the other day and was completely blown away by the lighting in the Cargo ship. I Played Conviction, the whitebox level and the lighting while infiltrating the lab...where you have to climb the pipes...took me back to SCCT and SC1 days with the shafts of light and shadows.

I decided to start a thread totally dedicated to capturing your favourite atmospheric moments or levels where the lighting and the visuals truly created an atmosphere that made you, instinctively, speak in whispers and shut off the lights in your room.

Submit a picture/screenshot along with a short description. Remember a visual is important but not imperative, you can just type in the level and the location.

I'll start:

Splinter Cell Conviction: Sneaking up on a guard with the 'Panther' animation on [Kobin's mansion]

P.S.
    Please keep it strictly On Topic. I don't want another SCC Vs The rest argument.

SCCT: Cargo Ship..not exactly what I was talking about but close...I'll try to get a screen soon

Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    I love that render of Conviction.

A place that I really think has great atmosphere is the start of the Komoto mission in Pandora Tomorrow.

These are all I could find, and since my PC doesn't render the lighting in this game, this is as good as it gets.

sam2000_290's Avatar Senior Member
    Got CT images, cause xfire works with it. Not for SAR or PT so I can't produce any screenshots. The screenshot button doesn't work either. Just a black screen so I had to find it elsewhere.

How much atmospheric can it get?!

@Jazz
    Awesome screenshot man! Love the way the grass swayed in SCPT...and the birds flying away as you approached

@Sam2000
    Wow! Thanks for posting the screenshots man...love the SC SAR one

Heres a screen I took from Conviction..loved the Panther animation

The Pandora Tomorrow missions had terrific atmosphere, every single one of them. I think the highlights to me is both submarine missions (was it two missions already?). In the first game, the CIA mission had quite something as the missions in Georgia and the Kola cell missions. For Chaos Theory, I say the boat and Hokkaido in particular. As for Double Agent... probably Cozumel, it was quite weird to work in daylight and try to blow a boat full of tourists, working against normal security agents. Oh, and the ones in the arctic are terrific.

All SCCT screens..wanted to get the lighting. Had to use the prnt screen command hence the quality is ****.

The next screens are of SCC. Unlike SCCT you really need to look for those 'special' spots.
    The point is to convey the Panther aspects and the aggressive stealth gameplay of Conviction..I have taken screens which portray the more 'Predatory' features of the character.
    In several, you'll notice Archer standing over some dead guys bathed in light..this is to denote the aggressive 'take-no-prisoners' approach and also the various Hues and rich colors in Conviction (which, the B/W filter doesn't allow you to see)...also a key theme is the striations of a Tiger..or a large predatory cat. Check out the ones where Archer is all striped in shadows
    Lemme know what you guys think.

Panther series:

sam2000_290's Avatar Senior Member
    If you want to see my SCC pics, simply visit my xfire page. I got like millions. So feast your eyes on them.

Here

Some can be intense, some can be cool, some can be .....

Enjoy!

BTW, I love the contrast in your pics!

@Sam2000
    Hey! Thanks for the link bro! If you have any 'atmospheric/artistic' pics there do post them here. The idea is to post pics which remind you of the central theme of the game and which have a certain dash of 'Stealth' in them. Feel free to edit/photoshop them!

Thanks for the feedback on the pics..took a long time to get em right ..glad you like them
    Cheers!
    P.S
    Lets see those pics from your link here