Cyrus.H's Avatar Banned
    I find it quite strange that the Splinter Cell: Conviction development team neglected to incorporate the P90 personal defense weapon into the Persistent Elite Creation system.

Given that products of Fabrique Nationale de Herstal were heavily featured in all of the previous Splinter Cell games, I ask why haven't they included the FN P90 in Conviction?

The FN Five-seveN USG semi-automatic pistol is available, the FN F2000 Tactical bullpup assault rifle is available (albeit highly modified), and even the FN SCAR-H battle rifle is available!

Is Ubisoft Montreal saving the FN P90 for downloadable content, or did they intentionally exclude it for more controversial reasons?*

Post your thoughts and opinions. While you're at it, feel free to post any comments on the P.E.C. system and how it affects multiplayer gameplay during Deniable Ops.

*Note: A modified version of the FN P90 (or possibly even the PS90 variant of the FN P90) was used as the side arm of Third Echelon spies in the Spies versus Mercenaries multiplayer of Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

50 bullets In the magazine,with extened (If It would be possible) would be like 75. I think that's why,Idk .

I'm not sure why they didn't include it. I'm not sure about a lot of things Ubisoft did with this the weapons system.

Honestly it's the oddest weapon system I've seen in a game in a long time. It gets worse when you factor in that R6: Vegas 2, also an Ubi title, had such a wide array of guns, and a better upgrading system. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

That gun is in almost every other game with a gun nowadays. It doesn't have to be in this one too. Do you really want the same arsenal in every game?

All the weapons in this game function pretty much the same anyways. There is not much of a difference between any of them. The upgrading system sucks, the PEC sucks, the weapon/gagdet diversity is extremely shallow, and anyone would be stupid to buy another weapon when there is probably another weapon that functions exactly like the new one.

Originally posted by Pigeons:
    All the weapons in this game function pretty much the same anyways. There is not much of a difference between any of them. The upgrading system sucks, the PEC sucks, the weapon/gagdet diversity is extremely shallow, and anyone would be stupid to buy another weapon when there is probably another weapon that functions exactly like the new one.
    I don't really you should say that It sucks.... The games before this didn't have It.

Just because it's a new feature doesn't mean you should forgive it for being badly implemented. That's crazy talk.

Cyrus.H's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by FossilSamFisher:
    50 bullets In the magazine,with extened (If It would be possible) would be like 75. I think that's why,Idk .
    Well, Ubisoft wouldn't necessarily have to make the extended magazine an upgrade.

I'm sure that the FN P90 has many other attachments that could be used instead, one of them being a sound suppressor.

On a related note, I love the P90 in Metal Gear Online.

Originally posted by TheNemo402:
    I'm not sure why they didn't include it. I'm not sure about a lot of things Ubisoft did with this the weapons system.

Honestly it's the oddest weapon system I've seen in a game in a long time. It gets worse when you factor in that R6: Vegas 2, also an Ubi title, had such a wide array of guns, and a better upgrading system. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    The Persistent Elite Creation system isn't just odd, it's downright ludicrous.

I can attach a scope to my pistol, yet I can't remove it after I have bought it with P.E.C. points?

What baffles me even more is that the Splinter Cell: Conviction development team had previous worked on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas and Vegas 2.

Originally posted by Quiet_Professor:
    That gun is in almost every other game with a gun nowadays. It doesn't have to be in this one too. Do you really want the same arsenal in every game?
    Well, if you consider that we have had pretty much the same arsenal of weapons from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell right through to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, then yes I do believe that I would like to have some familiar weapons.

Also, your argument doesn't make any sense at all.

According to you, Ubisoft Montreal should have also ditched the AK-47 assault rifle, the Heckler & Koch Mark 23 Mod 0 semi-automatic pistol, the Franchi SPAS-12 combat shotgun, the FAMAS assault rifle, the FN SCAR-H battle rifle, the Desert Eagle gas-operated semi-automatic pistol, and pretty much every other major identifiable firearm featured in Splinter Cell: Conviction, just because they appear in other video games as well.

I agree with you. The P.E.C. system is neither needed nor wanted. I just found it strange that the FN P90 was conspicuously left out of Splinter Cell: Conviction for unknown reasons.

Who knows? Maybe Ubisoft Montreal will make the P90 available as downloadable content.

Originally posted by FossilSamFisher:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pigeons:
    I don't really you should say that It sucks.... The games before this didn't have It. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Previous Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell video games never had the Mark & Execute, black-and-white desaturation, or the Last Known Position either and those features most definitely DO suck.

Just because it's a new feature doesn't mean you should forgive it for being badly implemented. That's crazy talk.
    Again, I am with you on this one Pigeons.

Yeah. Besides, the VIHKR is coming out soon...