I can't believe this hasn't already been done. Having said that, it probably has.

Anyway, I'm wondering what people think the musical direction for the game should be. Immidiately, the thought that comes to mind is classical/epic...right? But you might wanna add to on that, taking into account all we know and don't know about the game.
    Also, who should do the game's music?

I'll post my thoughts a few posts into the thread.

Let's keep all the AC-music related discussions under this roof - thanks - //zgubilici

edit: title edit

I can't believe this hasn't already been done. Having said that, it probably has.

Anyway, I'm wondering what people think the musical direction for the game should be. Immidiately, the thought that comes to mind is classical/epic...right? But you might wanna add to on that, taking into account all we know and don't know about the game.
    Also, who should do the game's music?

I'll post my thoughts a few posts into the thread.

Let's keep all the AC-music related discussions under this roof - thanks - //zgubilici

edit: title edit

hey you got a good point there!

there must be some sort of soundtrack for the game!

i can't see rock/metal to be used, after all this game is based way before the words rock n' roll were invented.

i can't see persian or classical used. epic is the only thing i can think of right now, fast paced music to keep you at the edge of your seat the whole time. music will be made for this game i bet and knowing UBI it will be good music that wont clash with the games times

I duno what the music Im thinking of is called. But when i look at a Cathedral I think of it, and it reminds me of the Kingdom of Heaven movie and the Da Vinci code

That's all I have to say

No it's not.

I don't think there will be that much music when you are on the lookout for clues and stuff, cause you cant overhear peoples conversations very well with the music blocking out the noise

yah, good point

so maybe as the action picks up as you go in for your kill the music comes in to give more atmosphear to the game. as for when your in quite crouds theres no music to give you a better feel of croudedness by the cround ..if any one understood that

Atmospheric effects would be the best. From the way the official web site chatters i think and hope that there will be LOTs of croud noise and realistic town noise that isnt muted. When the streets get frenzied after a kill, it should not only look like it, but sound like it. All the great graphics in the world cant create realism without realistic sounds. Some music would be nice though. I think they will get it right.

Some type of fast music.. but no rock or anything lol.

I would love to see AC with no music, that adds sooooo much to the realism and intesity of the game, and i don't mean ambiotic? (forgot spelling) sounds, only the sounds of the enviornment. But to pull this off, every thing would need sound, Altair's clothes flapping in the wind, wind noise in general, water noise most definately, bird noises, and of course the noises that the NPCs make. (Also, Altair better be able to speak, none of that ghey Oblivion ****.)

kew414's Avatar Senior Member
    The musical direction is heading fine. We've all heard the music in the E3 trailer, and I think it is REALLY good!

Can't wait to hear more of the music

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pomimimin:
    I would love to see AC with no music, that adds sooooo much to the realism and intesity of the game, and i don't mean ambiotic? (forgot spelling) sounds, only the sounds of the enviornment. But to pull this off, every thing would need sound, Altair's clothes flapping in the wind, wind noise in general, water noise most definately, bird noises, and of course the noises that the NPCs make. (Also, Altair better be able to speak, none of that ghey Oblivion ****.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No. Music adds so much to a game. No matter how realistic the game gets, it still needs music to keep the player interested.
    I don't actually do it myself, as I always have music playing in games, but according to Ninja Theory, who are developing Heavenly Sword, playing an action game without music is hell.

Now for a personal oppinion as to the musical direction:

First off, the artist. They're going with Corey May for the script ([insert diety here] help us...), so why not go with Stuart Chatwood for music? Listening to the stuff of T2T, the music is VERY good.

As for the actual direction...just like in the trailer. Lots of voices, epic stuff, with some middle eastern flair.
    I'd like for the music to change regarding what you're doing in the game, as well. Just like it does in Heavenly Sword.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►