polak5's Avatar Senior Member
    was thinking of having a briefing room were you can put pictures up. That way if you are making a bomb run u can see surveillance photos before hand.

was thinking of having a briefing room were you can put pictures up. That way if you are making a bomb run u can see surveillance photos before hand.

Yup i suport your idea

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes, agree totally, after parking my aircraft for the ground crew to do their thing, I want to walk/run over to the De/Briefing room and post/check last mission stats etc. Then either check aircraft status /decide/order/ordered/standdown for the next mission.
    By this time my aircraft or another stand-by aircraft could be ready for a quick scramble or whatevers necessary.

~Salute~
    Chivas

Foo.bar's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I want to walk/run over to the De/Briefing room </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better is being picked up by a chauffeur with limo and being driven to briefing room

What about this:

There should be a Simms style briefing room where AI officer has the briefing on the board.
    When the mission or on-line coop is launched and all are ready the Simms style pilots could walk/run tho their planes which are started by AI mechanics and also you could see fuel trucks driving around the airfield ect... field officers and representative of Air Artillery and other stuff.

Also there should be Simms style mess room for on-line pilots.
    Between on-line coops or dog fights you should
    be able to see and chat with other virtual pilots in this "virtual pub". So you should be able to there via Hyper Lobby.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What about this:

There should be a Simms style briefing room where AI officer has the briefing on the board.
    When the mission or on-line coop is launched and all are ready the Simms style pilots could walk/run tho their planes which are started by AI mechanics and also you could see fuel trucks driving around the airfield ect... field officers and representative of Air Artillery and other stuff.

Also there should be Simms style mess room for on-line pilots.
    Between on-line coops or dog fights you should
    be able to see and chat with other virtual pilots in this "virtual pub". So you should be able to there via Hyper Lobby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehehehe
    The Sims 3 1946?

S! Oranje

im loven this idea. I had a post a while back suggesting we have a first person view while on the ground so people can walk into briefing rooms check their objectives check their planes etc and be scrambled when the enemy was near. If this could be done in a dogfight server it would be fantastic and for the other playing modes. An while waiting on the ground being able to talk to other playes without having to use TS, like an ingame radio that you can change channel for different flights and so the radio net work doesnt go crazy during a dogfight.

im also lobbying for one europ map or most of FRANCE ENLAND BELGUM so we dont have a poxy little map for a section of europe.

Yea i was thinking something along the lines wer u can be in a virtual briefing room and ccheck the mission objectives,like:

Mission objective #1: cargo ship.
    then the player can click on that objective and see a picture of it like so.

(ignore the mission builder icons)

Mission objective #2
    and soo on and soo on....

This would help soo that bombers kno wer the target is before approching and has a better chance of finding and hitting the target..
    Its not like recon photos are sci-fi.

I too have thought about the idea of having photos in the briefing. For immersion it would be nice if they were in black and white and looked like period quality/style. Also what about having recon missions before a strike and using those photos for the next (strike) mission. This way you'd actually feel compelled to protect a recon plane on those missions in fighter campaigns.