My head is about to explode . It's 1am, I've been writing up an essay (on Motivation if you must know) for most of the day and have been reading and thinking about it for most of the last two weeks.
    I'm within striking range of the end, just another few hours now as I have past the dull part - a summary of research in the area that is relevant to my topic -but I can't go on. I've decided to relax with my favourite game for a bit before turning in for the night because with the amount of information whirling about my head right now there is nooo way I'm sleeping any time soon.

This is all part of a much put-off M.A. that I started on not so long ago. Times like this remind me exactly why it is that I delayed doing it for so long.

Still, only another thousand words or so and then I'll be FREE.. to work on my other assignment which is due on Friday

Once that's done though, I'll be truly free (well, until my second daughter arrives ETA July 4th).

Being a parent is fantastic.
    Working is mostly fine.
    Studying is often okay.
    Doing all of them at once is just wearing me down.

Thank god (or Allah, or Richard Dawkins, what have you) for IL2 and beer!

Just needed to whinge to someone.

My head is about to explode . It's 1am, I've been writing up an essay (on Motivation if you must know) for most of the day and have been reading and thinking about it for most of the last two weeks.
    I'm within striking range of the end, just another few hours now as I have past the dull part - a summary of research in the area that is relevant to my topic -but I can't go on. I've decided to relax with my favourite game for a bit before turning in for the night because with the amount of information whirling about my head right now there is nooo way I'm sleeping any time soon.

This is all part of a much put-off M.A. that I started on not so long ago. Times like this remind me exactly why it is that I delayed doing it for so long.

Still, only another thousand words or so and then I'll be FREE.. to work on my other assignment which is due on Friday

Once that's done though, I'll be truly free (well, until my second daughter arrives ETA July 4th).

Being a parent is fantastic.
    Working is mostly fine.
    Studying is often okay.
    Doing all of them at once is just wearing me down.

Thank god (or Allah, or Richard Dawkins, what have you) for IL2 and beer!

Just needed to whinge to someone.

What aspect of motivation are you working on?

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    your motivation seems to be on the wane...you should try a modicum of moderation.

all this typing has got me drowsy

Play Air Pirates!!! Soon with a new campaign!

Well actually do your homework first.

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    Did an MA in Canada, and a Swiss equivalent as a prelude to a PhD in international history in Geneva. I couldn't take dragging the doctorate though and dumped it in favour of working full time, well I need the money for my SOW upgrade.

Anyway good for you FlatSpinMan, especially juggling family in addition to everything else. Good luck with it.

Hi guys, I was going crazy when I posted that. Yes, the irony that I was unmotivated to write an essay on motivation was not lost on me, either. Anyway, I finished the thing yesterday morning, just before noon. SUCH a good feeling.

That particular essay was on Motivation as it relates to second language acquisition. The MA is in Linguistics - it's sometimes interesting but I'm not really that into it. I'm too frivolous.

Joeap - that is waaay too much study for one person. Working is far more enjoyable I find, and the money is better, ie it actually exists.

I like to write different articles and reviews, I make a living from it, I like what I do, it happens that I wake up in the middle of the night, because some thought came to my mind about which I want to write and I can’t fall asleep until I'll put this Mistle on a piece of paper. Also, my work can be found on paidpaper.net, if you find it interesting, then I will be very pleased that I could benefit you. And of course, if you are a student, then you can not do without this site papersowl review.