wonder what happen.. do the test yourself and see..the C3 is a bit more manuverable thats about it... it is around 20 Kph slower at altitude than the stock version

wonder what happen.. do the test yourself and see..the C3 is a bit more manuverable thats about it... it is around 20 Kph slower at altitude than the stock version

You didn't expect something like that?

The anti blue bias has always been what makes me fly blue. Its a great challenge that I enjoy. Remember Oleg is Russian and he'll always favour the reds. When the day comes that Oleg ever makes and German plane go as fast as it should I'd probably loose interest.

Fw190s are the worst offenders. They are all 10-20kph slower than their real world figures. Ta152 is probably the most noticably slow up high. Its maybe 1-2kph faster than those Jugs and P51s... don't expect it to be able to 'leave its opponents standing' like in all the historical accounts.

luftluuver's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gwalker70:
    wonder what happen.. do the test yourself and see..the C3 is a bit more manuverable thats about it... it is around 20 Kph slower at altitude than the stock version </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bet they mixed up the data entry for the 1.80 and 1.98.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    Wow this must be a good patch. Bloo is whining again since 4.02...

Not only this.Check yourself when the elevator locks on both of those.You`ll find it surprising.

OK I just did a test. Empty loadouts, 10% fuel etc etc.

The Bf109K historically achieved 580kph on deck.

The Bf109K-4 in il2 achieves about 560, the C3 exactly 580.

So, at sea level at least the C3 is NOT slower than the standard K-4. However, the C3 only gives us the standard realistic K4 now, as opposed to the undermodelled version.

The K-4 C3 and all other German planes are correct relative to each other, all suffering the same amount from the standard German plane undermodelling.

Not much has changed, only peoples perceptions of it. No more reason to whine than there was before. All undermodelling standards still in place, nothing worse.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    hm
    ill run some tests tomoz

I did not do deck .. I did 6500 meters 50% fuel.. full realism... standard ammo..same map ect ect the C3 is around 20kph less than stock K4 .. the faster deck on the stock model maybe a supercharger thing? or manifold difference? . .. who knows

lrrp22's Avatar Senior Member
    Just did a little testing- I get 597 kph at SL for the K-4 C3 and 587 kph for K-4 B4. Crimea, noon, 100% fuel, radiators closed.

LRRP

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►