ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    That's neat. There's quite a bit of stuff in the sea around the Dodecanese (not that that's where Naxos is). I was talking to an old giffer a few years ago about a recent holiday where I'd spent a bit of time on Tilos which has a few sunken Axis MTBs and so on around it, 'Oh, yes. Tilos!' He exclaimed, 'know it like the back of my hand.'
    'Oh really,' says I. 'Been there often?' I asked.
    'Never set a foot on the island,' he replied. 'But I flew over it maybe a hundred times.'
    Recce pilot in a former life.

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    The pilot and nav knew the drill about the Beau! The big Hercules cowlings up front scooped in the water in a ditching, and it went straight to the bottom without floating for a second.

LoL, I also have that book, leitmotiv.

The poem makes much more sense in English, though
    I read it in German and I was like "ORLY??WTF?"

MB_Avro_UK's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    The pilot and nav knew the drill about the Beau! The big Hercules cowlings up front scooped in the water in a ditching, and it went straight to the bottom with floating for a second.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great Post

(Half Time break for me as I post in the Rugby World Cup final..England v South Africa!)

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro.

Thank's for posting.

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    My error: should have been "<span class="ev_code_RED">without</span> floating for a second"!

Literature in translation doesn't cut it, does it, Bremspropeller? I wish my high school German had stood up better over time.

Puts it all in perspective, doesn't it, MBA? The poet flew Beaus in the Med.