Howdy. The new gamescon gameplay gave us a decent amount of new info on these, so I thought I'd try and compile it here.

SUPPLY INFO

>> Bombs must be made at crafting stations around the maps, using ingredients purchsed or found in chests.
    >> There are supposed to be over 300 types of bomb.
    >> Bombs are carried in three pouches: Lethal, Tactical, and Diversion.
    >> You may only carry one type of bomb in each pouch. At the crafting stations you can change the type by dismantling your bombs and constructing new ones. The ingredients freed up by dismantling can be used in bulding the new ones.
    >> It seems the bomb carry count has been upped to five per pouch (15 in total), though upgrades are as of yet unconfirmed.
    >> SPECULATION: There appear to be 4 shell types and 3 gunpowder types. For there to be over 300 bombs in total, there must be at least 25 different effect items. There are 3 Lethal ones and 4 Tactical ones known, so this would mean there would have to be 18 Diversion effects. This seems unlikely: it is more probable that there are as of yet unseen bomb parts not in the current menu.

CRAFTING

You may only carry three types of bomb at a time, one sort for each pouch. To craft a bomb, you must select a "shell", "powder" and "effect" item.

Shells are the trigger mechanism for the bomb. There are four known varieties:

>> Impact Shell -- detonation on-impact
    >> Fuse Shell -- detonation on a timed fuse (3 seconds)
    >> Trip-wire Shell -- detonation when an enemy approaches the laid bomb
    >> Sticky Shell -- the bomb will stick to objects, including enemies. Detonation mechanism is unknown. It appears the bomb can be stuck to someone surreptitiously.

Gunpowder affects the strength of the bomb. There are three known varieties:

>> Indian Gunpowder -- weak
    >> Arabian Gunpowder -- medium
    >> British Gunpowder -- strong

Effect items imbue the bomb with a special effect. There is a different set of effects for Lethal, Tactical and Diversion bombs

>> Shrapnel (Lethal) -- Disperses deadly shrapnel, killing those nearby.
    >> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #2
    >> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #3

>> Lamb's Blood (Tactical) -- Apparently it frightens enemies and makes them vulnerable. How this works is as yet unclear.
    >> Caltrops (Tactical) -- The bomb will scatter caltrops (spikes) all over the area, slowing pursuers and inhibiting movement.
    >> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #3
    >> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #4

>> Stink Bomb (unknown type, probably tactical) -- creates an odour that repels NPCs. Attaching a sticky-shell stink bomb to a guard will make NPCs avoid that guard.
    >> SPECULATION: Smoke -- We know there are smoke bombs, so it seems almost certain this is an effect ingredient. Causes a thick cloud of smoke that inhibits enemies.
    >> SPECULATION: Flashbang -- A piece of concept art showed Ezio throwing what looked like a flashbang or a concussion grenade (small bright explosive + guards clutching their ears). Also in the demo he throws a bomb as a diversion, which seems to explode loudly but without much of an explosion.

GAMEPLAY

>> In combat, bombs are launched with the "head" button (Y/Triangle on consoles, I think). They are auto-aimed to hit the target.
    >> Outside of combat, impact and fuse bombs can be thrown. An arc of flight appears. Fuse bombs can be bounced off of buildings.
    >> Proximity trap-bombs must be set on the ground. The trigger radius looks to be between one and two feet.
    >> Ezio appears to be immune to setting off proximity traps.
    >> You equip bombs on a separate wheel to your main weapon. Each wheel will be selected from using an analog stick on the consoles.

If there's anything I've missed, please tell me!

Howdy. The new gamescon gameplay gave us a decent amount of new info on these, so I thought I'd try and compile it here.

SUPPLY INFO

>> Bombs must be made at crafting stations around the maps, using ingredients purchsed or found in chests.
    >> There are supposed to be over 300 types of bomb.
    >> Bombs are carried in three pouches: Lethal, Tactical, and Diversion.
    >> You may only carry one type of bomb in each pouch. At the crafting stations you can change the type by dismantling your bombs and constructing new ones. The ingredients freed up by dismantling can be used in bulding the new ones.
    >> It seems the bomb carry count has been upped to five per pouch (15 in total), though upgrades are as of yet unconfirmed.
    >> SPECULATION: There appear to be 4 shell types and 3 gunpowder types. For there to be over 300 bombs in total, there must be at least 25 different effect items. There are 3 Lethal ones and 4 Tactical ones known, so this would mean there would have to be 18 Diversion effects. This seems unlikely: it is more probable that there are as of yet unseen bomb parts not in the current menu.

CRAFTING

You may only carry three types of bomb at a time, one sort for each pouch. To craft a bomb, you must select a "shell", "powder" and "effect" item.

Shells are the trigger mechanism for the bomb. There are four known varieties:

>> Impact Shell -- detonation on-impact
    >> Fuse Shell -- detonation on a timed fuse (3 seconds)
    >> Trip-wire Shell -- detonation when an enemy approaches the laid bomb
    >> Sticky Shell -- the bomb will stick to objects, including enemies. Detonation mechanism is unknown. It appears the bomb can be stuck to someone surreptitiously.

Gunpowder affects the strength of the bomb. There are three known varieties:

>> Indian Gunpowder -- weak
    >> Arabian Gunpowder -- medium
    >> British Gunpowder -- strong

Effect items imbue the bomb with a special effect. There is a different set of effects for Lethal, Tactical and Diversion bombs

>> Shrapnel (Lethal) -- Disperses deadly shrapnel, killing those nearby.
    >> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #2
    >> UNKNOWN LETHAL EFFECT #3

>> Lamb's Blood (Tactical) -- Apparently it frightens enemies and makes them vulnerable. How this works is as yet unclear.
    >> Caltrops (Tactical) -- The bomb will scatter caltrops (spikes) all over the area, slowing pursuers and inhibiting movement.
    >> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #3
    >> UNKNOWN TACTICAL EFFECT #4

>> Stink Bomb (unknown type, probably tactical) -- creates an odour that repels NPCs. Attaching a sticky-shell stink bomb to a guard will make NPCs avoid that guard.
    >> SPECULATION: Smoke -- We know there are smoke bombs, so it seems almost certain this is an effect ingredient. Causes a thick cloud of smoke that inhibits enemies.
    >> SPECULATION: Flashbang -- A piece of concept art showed Ezio throwing what looked like a flashbang or a concussion grenade (small bright explosive + guards clutching their ears). Also in the demo he throws a bomb as a diversion, which seems to explode loudly but without much of an explosion.

GAMEPLAY

>> In combat, bombs are launched with the "head" button (Y/Triangle on consoles, I think). They are auto-aimed to hit the target.
    >> Outside of combat, impact and fuse bombs can be thrown. An arc of flight appears. Fuse bombs can be bounced off of buildings.
    >> Proximity trap-bombs must be set on the ground. The trigger radius looks to be between one and two feet.
    >> Ezio appears to be immune to setting off proximity traps.
    >> You equip bombs on a separate wheel to your main weapon. Each wheel will be selected from using an analog stick on the consoles.

If there's anything I've missed, please tell me!

They also said that there is going to be two seperate weapon wheels 1 for bombs and 1 for regular weapons I don't know how they're going to do this because it seems they are running out of buttons to use on the controller

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rc732:
    They also said that there is going to be two seperate weapon wheels 1 for bombs and 1 for regular weapons I don't know how they're going to do this because it seems they are running out of buttons to use on the controller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, didn't we think that too after AC1? They always seem to find some inventive way of making it work and making it work well.

MagnifyHope's Avatar Senior Member
    It's also possible to dismantle a bomb. The ingredients will be kept.

All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
    All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Systems65:
    All I know is that im never going to use lethal bombs like shown in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Too easy and I like the combat with the new slow me makes me feel cool

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
    Why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Too easy and I like the combat with the new slow me makes me feel cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Lol, I guess I can agree with that. Though I think I would still use the lethal bombs, just not all the time. I don't really like using weapons that need replenishing too often.

The trap bomb (mine) looks very useful.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►