What do you think?

From pilot accounts I've read and performance tables, it seems these two are equally superlative. It would be interesting to match them up in FB once the spit comes out.

What do you think?

From pilot accounts I've read and performance tables, it seems these two are equally superlative. It would be interesting to match them up in FB once the spit comes out.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Um, La-7. Spit isn't even in the game.

Unless you meant, which is uber-ugly. Of course we all know the answer to that.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    ______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    /---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
    +----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
    | / ( / ,' NR / |
    |(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
    +-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

Zayets's Avatar Senior Member
    Is very well known that Spitfire XIV was the best propeller aircraft man made. Spitfire IX is by far better than any Russian aircraft. Too bad I don't like any of them
    I still love my Jug & Sturmo

Zayets out

Korolov's Avatar Senior Member
    That depends on the altitude. La-7 performance drops off sharply at altitude, while the Spitfire's performance increases at altitude.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
    That depends on the altitude. La-7 performance drops off sharply at altitude, while the Spitfire's performance increases at altitude.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, the spit would own an F-16 on the moon?

______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    | / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, the spit would own an F-16 on the moon?

______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    | / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I say the spit fire

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    I think the Spitfire MkXIV would be a better match up to the La-7. Compared to the La-7 we have in FB I think the Spitfire(non-wing clipped) would have a much poorer rollrate and highspeed manouverability. AFAIK the Spit shows to be not much better than the Bf109 in high speed flight. Especially aileron effectiveness. The La-7 is also much faster down low compared to the XIV, not counting the Spits using 150 octane. Climbrate is similar, although the Spit will maintain its climbrate better. Overall I think the Spitfire is the better fighter, as it is probably more deadly on a broader altitude range. The La-7 might be more manouverable at low speeds. Anyways most of this is just speculation from my side.

When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

In "real life" or in the game? If you mean the game, I'd say the La7's ability to defy the laws of physics would give it the edge

I say Below 4k, under equal pilots skills.. La7, above that - Spitfire.

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.