Never flown them, what are they like? I might work my way through allthe P's So far I've done the 38 XD, 51, 47, 40.

Never flown them, what are they like? I might work my way through allthe P's So far I've done the 38 XD, 51, 47, 40.

P-11 is like outgunned and outclassed. Polish aircraft.

P-39 is an aircraft full of contradictions. American Pilots hated them, With the engine the middle it made them prone to spin easily.

Here is an Army air corps song from WWII. "Please dont give me a P-39, I rather fly any other kind!
    It will auger and spin and do us all in, Please oh please dont give me a P-39!"

Its lack of a supercharger hindered its performance at medium and high altitudes just like the P-40 but the Russians who flew them down low loved them. But keep in mind that they modified and lightened their P-39's.

The P-63 is an evolution of the p-39 and it solved many of the p-39's shortcomings.

P-80 is...well.....uh.....Jet! :P

R_Target's Avatar Senior Member
    The Allisons in P-39 and P-40 had superchargers, they were just single-speed single-stage, which is why they usually top out in the low to mid teens altitude-wise.

P-39 is kinda cool but it spins out of control really easy.

Be careful with the P-80 because its engine cuts out if you reduce the throttle.

What Target said.

That was disapinting, lol. I'll try the Jet, but I'm raely into the Mig when it comes to jets.

ROXunreal's Avatar Senior Member
    Well DOH, ease up on the stick and the P-39 is a great turn fighter. Learn its spin limits and feed your enemies some 30mm rounds.

Actually, the P-11 is a funny little plane. Try flying it against doubledeckers for some good WWI style fun!

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually I used to fly the P11c a lot on dogfight servers just to annoy the macho types in their late war birds boasting about their kills.

On very rare occasions you actually shoot things down (bagged a p39 once silly enough to try and turn fight with me) but its slow and agile enough to be really annoying to try and hit with heavier/faster planes providing you have good SA.

It can split S at a silly height (something like 100 metres AGL) and in a pinch can hit 500 kmh in a dive before the wheels come off (about 60 kmh slower than Vne for the real p11c). It also has a very solid collision model. In a mid air collision it often emerges unscathed while ripping the wings off what it hits

I actually did a bit of a fun Aero/SCW hack on the P11c last year