Am I correct in the fact that God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Assassins Creed 2 are all supposed to come out before the end of this year? and does no one really have an "in" person at Ubisoft to confirm an AC2 street date if the official website even says a Fall release? That is right around the corner. Any info on dates would be appreciated. The "Dec 30" dates at most places are ridiculous seeing as that misses the Xmas holiday sales they depend on. Thanks to all in advance! Besides the games listed above I'm also a huge fan of Prince of Persia though was supremely let down by PoP3.

Am I correct in the fact that God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Assassins Creed 2 are all supposed to come out before the end of this year? and does no one really have an "in" person at Ubisoft to confirm an AC2 street date if the official website even says a Fall release? That is right around the corner. Any info on dates would be appreciated. The "Dec 30" dates at most places are ridiculous seeing as that misses the Xmas holiday sales they depend on. Thanks to all in advance! Besides the games listed above I'm also a huge fan of Prince of Persia though was supremely let down by PoP3.

you forgot infamous, prototype, and modern warfare 2 still to come out lol. as far as dates are concerned, supposedly it'll be coming out around mid-november, but you never know. hope the info helps!

A.) Yeah, they're all hitting.

B.) I... don't think we have any "in" people here. Unless...

Raide, do you count as an "in" person? If not, how much bribe money would it take to get you to be?

C.) Don't believe the release dates on the street. It's purely speculation, based on a general release area, in this case fall.

Ant__.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Ubi will not commit to release dates so early on - It's the nature of the industry.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the forums, sign up to any email notifications from the games home sites for 'News'.

Speaking for AC2, The forum Moderators are in touch with certain people involved 'behind the scenes' (Contrary to some opinion, we are not just here to wield a Ban Hammer ) but Ubi have been burnt before with information leaks, so they are understandably very careful with what they say.

Ultimately, you'll know when Ubi are ready for you to know

thanks to everyone for not grilling this newbie over the coals with my generic questions. I appreciate everyone's responses and can only hope AC2 hits before Nov 29th cuz then it will be my bday present and I'm sure my wallet will thank me. I'm sure the second you guys get confirmed street dates they will be plastered all over the place. Does anyone have game title suggestions for me if GOW , PoP, Uncharted & AC are my type of games to play? thank you

Ilovepho's Avatar Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProgmetalDiscon:
    Does anyone have game title suggestions for me if GOW , PoP, Uncharted & AC are my type of games to play? thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, enhanced version of Xbox 360's NG II. If I can afford a PS3, I sure will get this game, since I'm a huge NG fan. You should get NGS1 if you didn't get it.

2.Bayonetta (from the guy who created original Devil May Cry on PS2)

I dont know

I dont Care

I wand to play Assassins creed 2 that's it!

Ilovepho's Avatar Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
    Ubi will not commit to release dates so early on - It's the nature of the industry.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infinity Ward-creators of COD4 confirmed Modern Warfare 2's release dates will be on Nov 10. So why can't Ubi commit to release dates so early on like them ?

Ant__.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Because Ubi are Ubi - That's the best I can offer you

Other than that, COD4 was quite a short game. I'd venture that a lot of stuff that wasn't used in it has been rehashed (I mean that in the most respectful way) for Modern Warfare 2 - Therefore a lot of the groundwork coding has already been done, bar tweaking it for the new storyline - Therefore committing to a release date so far in advance is viable.

I say viable - Time will tell if the release date for Modern Warfare 2 slips. (I hope not, I'm waiting for it too!)

This thread is in danger of getting dangerously Off Topic, isn't it?

... And we know what happens to those threads!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►