R_Target's Avatar Senior Member
    That's all. Still incorrect in-game.

That's all. Still incorrect in-game.

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    If you think that's all that is incorrect in a this sim which proclaims to have the most accurate aircraft models and flight modeling, then you have not looked very far. Tons of errors and don't get me started.

According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
    According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now (and for years now) the inner four guns run out of ammo about 10 seconds before the outer two. All six should fire for around 30 seconds. I say "around" because I don't have a way to precisely measure it, but I will if someone knows how. While the F6F (or any other plane) could take less ammo, I've never read about this being done on purpose.

6 x 400 rounds loadout is confirmed by original Navy docs as well as just about any decent book you can find on the Hellcat.

I certainly wouldn't mind the option to take less, but as it is now, there's no option to choose normal loadout. Also, the full weight of the ammo is modeled but the ammo's not there.

You could measure time with the track recorder. There's a clock in track playback.

But you're right, it's 30 seconds and 20 seconds respectively.

Total bullets in user STAT is 1880. By my math it means 376 bullets for the outer guns, and 282 for the inner guns.

Of course, that assumes the RoF is equal, which is not the case for unsynced guns. I'd guess it's 400 for outer and 270 for inner.

But I can't help but wonder why, if you've got such explicit information, you don't just send it to the bug email? No one important comes here anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
    But I can't help but wonder why, if you've got such explicit information, you don't just send it to the bug email? No one important comes here anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh heh, yeah I guess so. I'll send a e-mail to OM and RRG. I checked the eventlog too, and the count was the same, 1880 bullets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
    If you think that's all that is incorrect in a this sim which proclaims to have the most accurate aircraft models and flight modeling, then you have not looked very far. Tons of errors and don't get me started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, true

however, sometimes small things DO get fixed...tho rarely...beau 20mm ammo count was corrected

and they did justice to the macchis, for sure!

I need to make a correction. It is the "Great Book of WW2 AIRPLANES", not Fighters. I just noticed that when I came back here to check on this thread. Sorry about that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
    According to the "Great Book of WW2 Fighters" the standard loadout was 200 rounds per gun with provisions for 400 each, which was always done to the best of my knowledge. Out of curiosity, what is the ammo loadout for the F6F right now in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

two guns have 400rpg and the other four have 270rpg in 4.08.

in the past the Maddox team fixed very fast the ammoloads if you sent them reliable sources via pf@1c.ru .

last example i can remember was the N1K2-J one's.