I am just starting Sequence 6 and I have done the heavy weapon training (haven't bought long weapon training yet) and after I competed the quick Smash tutorial it said something about new weapons in Villa Auditore but I went into the weapon room and didn't see anything besides my common sword and the simitar I have now...how are heavy and long weapons onlocked so you can equip them?

I am just starting Sequence 6 and I have done the heavy weapon training (haven't bought long weapon training yet) and after I competed the quick Smash tutorial it said something about new weapons in Villa Auditore but I went into the weapon room and didn't see anything besides my common sword and the simitar I have now...how are heavy and long weapons onlocked so you can equip them?

If i remember correctly, you can't equip them, it only says you've unlocked them because they help you towards the 22 weapons needed to get all weapons for the Vila.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsemil:
    If i remember correctly, you can't equip them, it only says you've unlocked them because they help you towards the 22 weapons needed to get all weapons for the Vila. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't count towards how many weapons you got, its probably just a glitch.