I am loathe to complain about anything in FB/AEP/PF for I love this Sim!
    In the latest patch - 3.01m (beta) I - and my squad - find that the d/m of the American planes, in particular the Hellcat and Corsair, are just too much i.e. TOO hard to shoot down. I am not sure why this is...also I don't understand why the new "dot" for aircraft at a distance had to be removed - it was great for game play.
    Please may we have the American planes d/m reduced?
    S!

Edit - I can see why this place is called the "Ubi Zoo"! I should have added that my letter was meant for Mr. Maddox - it is only his reply I am interested in, not you "experts".

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    What planes are you using to counter them?

Hellcat and Corsair were reported to be as tough or nearly as tough as the P-47. Thats alot of punishment these birds could take.

I've noticed they take quite a few hits. But having flown and fought them, its not too overdone in most cases.

Hi,

The FW190A was considered to be relatively tough, too...and look at that.

Blame marketing

Cheers
    Norris

Icefire is right,as usual, those two planes were known for being very tough. In FB 20mm tears both of them right up. The F4Us engine is particularly vulnerable. What planes are you flying against them HWick? I Imagine that the Ki-43 would have a rough time of it, but, the Ki-84 seems to handle either the F4U or F6F fairly well.

The A6Ms 7.7mm MGs have an issue with incendiary effect, like the Mg17 did before it was fixed in 3.01. Maybe this will be changed in the next patch. This could be where your impression comes from.

to kill a corsair, i've noted 2 main spots that will take it down very quick.
    1 is the rear gas tank. only takes about 3 20mm shells and it goes boom.
    2nd is the area right in front of the canopy. usually results in either a: smokin engine, or b: flaming engine.

fusalage is very tough along engine to wings for the most part. wings are also pretty resiliant; drawing on the cfs2 days, concentrate fire on 1...and only 1 wing. especially the wingtips. if u put any lead in the other wing, u'll give the sair a new lease. evened out the damage.

berg417448's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
    Hi,

The FW190A was considered to be relatively tough, too...and look at that.

Blame marketing

Cheers

Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based upon my experience I can't agree...the FW-190 was (and still is)one of the more difficult planes to down in this game. And it doesn't bother me a bit.

Berg, one hit on FW:s wing and you can catch it with any plane game has why not same with corsair or other planes, why FW loses SO much of its speed. and why does not US planes try to turn when wing is hit, they keep going like on rail, all the other planes do turn at damaged wing side, badly. cant find that modelled well in US planes. FW loses speed with one .50cal hit on wing, and same time P47 can take 30mm right on wing without problem, still flies on rail etc

and, corsair and other "tought" US Planes are too tought now, really, there is too much they can take, way too much. well, all the planes take too much to go down. wasnt it fire which causes most planes to go down in ground? now there isnt so much fire, except when planes lose tail or wing. i want planes go up in flames without losing parts, would be much more realistic. or why in the hell they used incendiary ammo so much?

almost every pilot account from different nations say that after hitting enemy it burst in fire, agree?

and Fausnik, you find that "The F4Us engine is particularly vulnerable." well, so engine should be able to take hits like early yaks and laggs in this game? no effect at all under fire? heheh that means those birds would be almost impossible to down with load of fighter ammo load.
    open ur eyes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enofinu:

and Fausnik, you find that "The F4Us engine is particularly vulnerable." well, so engine should be able to take hits like early yaks and laggs in this game? no effect at all under fire? heheh that means those birds would be almost impossible to down with load of fighter ammo load.
    open ur eyes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My eyes are open Enofinu. I think you might be underestimating the effects of damage on the Hellcat and F4U. Honestly, I've flown Ki-61s (Mk151 armed) and Ki-84s against Hellcats and Corsairs online a bit and, although you right that they are very durable, it was not that hard to to shoot them down.

The Fw190 wing hit thing is really annoying. One .50 can't cut wing lift in 1/2 .
    I have heard a lot of P-51 guys complain about the same thing so, maybe it is not limited to the Fw190.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Yep, FW190, P-51, and Yak's suffer from a single bullet of any calibre causing massive drag or loss of lift. Its very odd.

FW190 has it most pronounced simply because of the aileron sensitivity. Thats my theory anyways.

I can see why this place is called the "Ubi Zoo"! I should have added that my letter was meant for Mr. Maddox - it is only his reply I am interested in, not you "experts".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►