SlipperyJim's Avatar Banned
    Some people, after installing the demo or full retail version, can't hear the gun and grenade sounds or they hear sound pops and clicks when they move. Here is what I did to fix this problem:

1) You will need to edit the file "options.xml" in the "data" folder of the LockDown. Do not be scared by the idea. This file is simply the saved game settings. No black magic involved. If somehow you screw it up simply delete the file and the next time Lockdown is run it will generate a fresh new version for you.

2) Use Windows NOTEPAD to modify the file but you must make sure that WORDWRAP is turned OFF before saving. Do not use Windows Wordpad ...use Notepad.

3) Look for the line shown below in the screenshot and change the setting to "1" instead of "0" (by default it is off and set to "0").

Save the changes, restart your game, and enjoy all the sounds!

Nice Find ... Thank You

You are welcome

Or just go into your sound properties and turn your sounds hardware acceleration onto medium, worked for me and means you dont need to edit code etc.

By turning down your sound acceleration you are having a negative affect on the game performance. Changing the .XML file is rather a simple task. Surely you have manually changed game settings before for other games? This is the same thing but instead of an .ini file it is a .xml file.

It is not game code you are modifying but simply a settings file. If you somehow bugger it up you need only delete it and the next time you run the demo it will automatically regenerate a fresh new one.

i was able to hair explosions but no guns

same place as above but left useWinMM at 0 and changed musicvolume to 0 and soundquality to 4 works now

Did you try the USEWinMM=1? This has worked for many people.

Yen Lo's Avatar Senior Member
    ever notice there is gun shake when you use pistols but none with primaries? .45 cal wont pentrate car windows.

Here's what I did to remove it:

Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?

-Yes

Thanks that worked for me.
    Shame about the game lol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►