Radman500's Avatar Senior Member
    when are people going to realize that Desmond is the main character of assassins creed.. im talking to the people who keep talking about going into the animus again in assassins creed 3... yes the game is about historical aspect of teh game, yes its important, but desmond miles is more important.. i want a full game with desmond.. i think its time for him to actully do his mission........

NO ANIMUS, NO ANCESTOR ALL DESMOND

when are people going to realize that Desmond is the main character of assassins creed.. im talking to the people who keep talking about going into the animus again in assassins creed 3... yes the game is about historical aspect of teh game, yes its important, but desmond miles is more important.. i want a full game with desmond.. i think its time for him to actully do his mission........

NO ANIMUS, NO ANCESTOR ALL DESMOND

Desmond isn't really the main character. Yes, it revolves around him, but the whole story is created that he is a descendant of master assassins which he can view through the Animus. The Animus is a central character and is needed for the game to provide that twist that all stories contain. We already got some Desmond time in AC:B and I felt it was just the right amount. Too much time in the actual present will bring too many conflicts and things that could go wrong (the whole "gun" dispute)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    Desmond isn't really the main character. Yes, it revolves around him, but the whole story is created that he is a descendant of master assassins which he can view through the Animus. The Animus is a central character and is needed for the game to provide that twist that all stories contain. We already got some Desmond time in AC:B and I felt it was just the right amount. Too much time in the actual present will bring too many conflicts and things that could go wrong (the whole "gun" dispute) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the animus is not a character... the animus is an important object.... but desmond is the "chosen one" per say.. he is the main character.. the story revolves around him, not altair, not ezio... it revolves around desmond

you've never heard of an object being a character? *points to Companion Cube*

Even if Desmond is the main character, it won't be an AC game without the animus. It was that twist in the game that brought the story to life and made it different. Everyone's seen cloak and dagger stories, but none involve looking at your ancestors and discerning the past to help with the present. That's AC's thing and they're probably going to stick with that. I predict we'll play as Desmond as much as we did in AC:B. One level (about a DNA sequence's worth) of him finishing it off after he realizes something from his ancestors and unlocked something about the apple or where to strike.

oh, and we're the only ones talking so you don't need to quote

i remember minerva saying

"its all up to you desmond"

sorry, but that was a really stupid comment, saying desmond is not the main character, when the whole story revolves around him..

sorry it just seems like another way of saying "i dont want to play as desmond"

he is the main character, ubisoft has said it, and the story speaks for its self

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    you've never heard of an object being a character? *points to Companion Cube*

Even if Desmond is the main character, it won't be an AC game without the animus. It was that twist in the game that brought the story to life and made it different. Everyone's seen cloak and dagger stories, but none involve looking at your ancestors and discerning the past to help with the present. That's AC's thing and they're probably going to stick with that. I predict we'll play as Desmond as much as we did in AC:B. One level (about a DNA sequence's worth) of him finishing it off after he realizes something from his ancestors and unlocked something about the apple or where to strike.

oh, and we're the only ones talking so you don't need to quote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the animus is an important object... but who is in the animus.. desmond.. without desmond, no animus.....

desmond cannot keep going into an animus, he actully has to shut down the temples and find eve...

I've played other games where there is a hero, but he's not the main character

he's just a pivotal character in the sequence. Plus, if he was the main character, why would there also be a comic that is canon and has NOTHING to do with him? He's pivotal but not the main. There is no main character.

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell"

who said Desmond has to shut down the temples? There are other assassins...he's just the informant

he's just a pivotal character in the sequence. Plus, if he was the main character, why would there also be a comic that is canon and has NOTHING to do with him? He's pivotal but not the main. There is no main character.

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you never heard of a side story or back story.......

for instance kratos is the main character of god of war series... but what if sony decides to do a 4 issue comic book about the rise of athena.. ok the comic is about athena.. but ultimately the story is about kratos....

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell"

who said Desmond has to shut down the temples? There are other assassins...he's just the informant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

minerva said

"its all up to you desmond"

she did not say "its all up to you other assassins besides desmond"

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last ►►