Hello everyone!

A lot of you have businesses where you make banners. Most of you know the rules by now, but these rules are for people who may be new!

UbiDarla posted something similar a while ago. I just wanted to remind everyone of these banner/signature size limits. You can check out her thread here.

Please follow these rules when creating banners for other players (or yourself)!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The size must be 500 pixels by 150 pixels at the very maximum. It can be smaller but just make sure it doesn't get bigger than that.

<LI>No offensive language
    <LI>No personal information
    <LI>If you want to use more than one banner in your signature, they all must fit within the 500 by 150 size limits. Jennifer Lovely Melody's signature is the perfect example of fitting multiple banners into one signature.[/list]

If you have questions, please ask!

Lor. My friend made me a banner how can i use it?

Go to Questions? Answers Here -> Tutorials to find out more information on how to actually use the banner!

jade12345's Avatar Member
    Lor, I had three banner as my banner! But what happened was that it turn my banners in to one banner! One of my banner just up now! Is this normal?

Well, your signature can only be a combination of 500 by 150. So, if you had three banners and they were all huge or they were all 500 by 150, that would be too much. You could only choose one of those banners to use as your signature. OR you could resize all three banners to fit into a 500 by 150 area.

skylight22's Avatar Senior Member
    How can I create a banner? What photo editing website should I use? I want to use one that doesn't require making an account.

nicole92598's Avatar Senior Member
    Erin, you can use pics of the internet and copy and paste them to paint, arrange then in a specific order, choose background colors n then save it! then go to tiny pic and clivk browse find ur pic click UPLOAD NOW and then click edit on the right hand side! then go to decorate and add editing things! It is FREE! u can have an account if u want though... Hopefully I helped!

hermione2011's Avatar Senior Member
    Is this one ok Lorelai? My friend made me a different one that I still have to put up, but is this one ok for now?

skylight22's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by nicole92598:
    Erin, you can use pics of the internet and copy and paste them to paint, arrange then in a specific order, choose background colors n then save it! then go to tiny pic and clivk browse find ur pic click UPLOAD NOW and then click edit on the right hand side! then go to decorate and add editing things! It is FREE! u can have an account if u want though... Hopefully I helped!
    I don't have Paint, actually... I use a Mac.

hermione2011's Avatar Senior Member
    Its ok Erin! I use a Mac also! Here are instructions to make a banner on a Mac.

1. Take screenshots.

2. Open the program Pages and click the blank piece of paper. After that, drag your first screenshot on the ppiece of paper. Keep dragging more and more pictures until you have the banner you want. You can resize the pictures by clicking on them and using the dot thingies. Make your banner as big as you want, and you can come resize it later. After you have finished, take a screenshot of JUST the banner.

3. After you take the screenshot, close Pages (save your banner ) and open IPhoto. After you open it, drag the screenshot onto it and it will import.

4. Upload it to TinyPic and decorate it, then take a screenshot of it.

5. Open Pages again and drag your finished banner onto it. Resize it to the required size.

6. Take a screenshot of the smaller version and drag it to IPhoto then upload it to TinyPic. No need to decorate it this time. Copy the link that says IMG code for forums and message boards. Go to your Imagine Town profile and click update/complete profile. Go to the signature box and paste it, then click the update button at the bottom of your banner. There you go! You have your banner! Its not as complicated ad it seems XD!

To take a screen shot on a Mac: To choose the area you want to take a picture of press the key with the Pple on it, shift, 4. You will have to drag it to the area you want. To take a picyure of the whole screen, do the same thing but instead of 4 press 3. That kind works better if you are trying to pose. Trust me, its a real pain trying to drag to an area of the screen because you keep missing the pose. If you take a picture of the whole screen and you only want to have a certain part of it, just take a screenshot od the part, then throw the other picture in the trash.

Hope this helps! (Ow my thumbs hurt! I have had to do this on my mom's phone. We are driving xd!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►