I'm just curious.

I have mine - favs..all TB3, Il-2.
    Most claustrophobic..Mitchell nose gunner.
    Least favourite..er, one of the stuka gunners
    (cannae remember which one, but it was yukky)

But I love em all.........

Least favorite is the waist gunner on the He111

Favorite is probably the rear gunner of the SBD. Excellent vision and field of fire.

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    My least fav is any waist gunner position.

My old fav used to be the ventral gunner on the He-111, now it's the top turret on the B-25.

BTW, I thought I had heard someone mention about retracting the B-25 top turret? If so, what control is it?

Engrs's Avatar Banned
    Least fave any waist or nose.

Fave. B25, A20, He111 top turrets.

Fave: B-25 tail (although yer more likely to get shot), He-111 Dorsal (although the ventral is pretty good, but again dangerous).

Least fave: B-25 and He-111 Nose.

The waist positions are useful for those doing slash attacks. The He-111 waist guns seem pretty good, I've often taken off the wing of an attacking fighter from the waist in the Heinkel.

Rear gunner of the BF110, I've almost killed more enemies that way than with the 2xmk108 and 2x151/20's in the front

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    top or rear of b25 is my fav

waist not atall keen on, a20 guns i dont like either

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
    BTW, I thought I had heard someone mention about retracting the B-25 top turret? If so, what control is it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of that possibility.

My favourite position is in Late IL2s, SBD and HE111 nose gunner (love 20mm action). In that order .
    Situation will be changed for sure once we got G4M.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rear gunner of the BF110, I've almost killed more enemies that way than with the 2xmk108 and 2x151/20's in the front <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what he said! They're easier to bag when they're behind you

favourite/least favourite gunner position?

Missionary.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to the Betty rear gunner position. If it really rotates 360 degrees, that would be cool.