Im just wondring if any 1 here aver played or still dose play Crimson skies, now i know some of would be dead set aganced it as its very arcade stile game but its the game that got me playing combat flight sims.

Im just wondring if any 1 here aver played or still dose play Crimson skies, now i know some of would be dead set aganced it as its very arcade stile game but its the game that got me playing combat flight sims.

i did today...

the AFJ server has 109Zs in it

I play it fairly often, as i still have that game installed.

I tend to fire it up when i'm fed up with IL2/FB/PF for the moment and still want my few moments of flames and glory without having to cope with all the full flightmodels and stall-limits And it's a good game if you like some fictional stuff with the glory of the roaring 30's and 40's in it, including barnstorming.

Since my version is an illegal cracked ripversion i can only play it offline, but that is already a heck of a challenge - especially when fighting against multiple bogeys AND a huge zeppelin.

I slam full throttle, yank the stick and keep the trigger down - the standard ammoloads are insane in Crimson Skies.
    All for good fun!

I used to play it a LOT. However, there was no expansion for it and no Crimson Skies II - except for the Xbox, and I'm not going to give Microsoft any more of my money than I have to. It eventually was replaced by other games over the years. Anyway, I truly enjoyed the feel of the game. The overacting of the voice actors, and the Republic Serial feel of the plot. It was a wonderful game.

I tried playing it recently with a friend of mine, after years of playing IL-2. I found the controls difficult, the game play too fast, and actually got motion sick from it (yes, I'm one of those people who gets sick from playing first person shooters). For me, it falls into the catagory of "wonderful memories from yesterday."

Speaking of that, anyone here ever play Independence War? Just curious.

-Starchilde

PS - Interestingly enough, before the computer version, I used to play the table top version of it - which is still a very solid game for an afternoon of non-computer fun.

Udidtoo's Avatar Senior Member
    The Desk photo's arn't to bad either.

I played the original and the xbox version, but the xbox version is very impressive and fun. I liked it better than the original!

I played the original PC version. Even joined an online squad (Red Skull Legion), but never really flew online with them. I just hung out on their forums! lol
    It was just something to do after Mechwarrior 3 while waiting for Mechwarrior 4. When 4 came out I never looked back. Then I got into IL-2, and the rest is history.

****, now you got me thinking about reloading it...

I was really pissed when craposoft didnt make CS2 for the pc, i wish I still had my CD.