Hi guys, I am facing the following problem:

I load up the game run it ok, not really going after extravagant resolutions just a 1024x768 no vsync no bloom blah blah.

The thing is after 3-4 mins of playing the game slows down into matrix time lol while at 1st I can go around and play super l33t one shot kill dude then I am like I just got out of general hospital lol.

Is it a processor problem? I tried the fixes for the duo cores and the graph tweaks but nothing happened.

My rig is:

Intel core duo 6600@ 2.4 GhZ
    2GB RAM ocz (2 sticks of 1GB each)
    74GB raptor + 2 240GB HDs
    7600 GT by nvidia.

I face the same trouble with GRAW.

I load up the game run it ok, not really going after extravagant resolutions just a 1024x768 no vsync no bloom blah blah.

The thing is after 3-4 mins of playing the game slows down into matrix time lol while at 1st I can go around and play super l33t one shot kill dude then I am like I just got out of general hospital lol.

Is it a processor problem? I tried the fixes for the duo cores and the graph tweaks but nothing happened.

My rig is:

7600 GT by nvidia.

I face the same trouble with GRAW.

What power supply do you have? Also, check the heat of the GPU/CPU after a session of gaming.

Not totally related, but not completely unrelated I've been noticing a similar problem.

When I play Vegas for a extended period of time (3+ hours) the game starts to get lower and lower performance to the point where it's almost unplayable.

I have to restart the game in order to fix this. Just speculating but I believe Vegas has a memory leak of some kind somewhere.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Everyone who has ever cried over being powerless ends up wanting it;
    but from the moment you take that power into your hands,
    you'll become the one that makes others cry.
    Never forget that.</span>

germ1234's Avatar Banned
    i suspect ac***ulative slow down, perhaps memory and cpu related problems as this game has not been running as well as i've first bought it.

Muhad's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kernelwiz:

My rig is:

7600 GT by nvidia.

I face the same trouble with GRAW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How big is your swap file? And it should be permanent in size too.

Power supply is a thermaltake at 750W I dont think it is what causes problems. Besides the thing slow s down only on GRAW and R6 Vegas. All other games, DOOM, BF2, Splinter sell DA etc play on high performance settings.

My swap file is 3070MB-4000+ on a raptor HD, manually set.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kernelwiz:
    Power supply is a thermaltake at 750W I dont think it is what causes problems. Besides the thing slow s down only on GRAW and R6 Vegas. All other games, DOOM, BF2, Splinter sell DA etc play on high performance settings.

My swap file is 3070MB-4000+ on a raptor HD, manually set. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    but check your CPU temp while playing, though. this game is CPU heavy than most of games.
    especially if you are OC'ing, expect temp rise 5-10c above any other games would reach.

KungFu_CIA's Avatar Senior Member
    It also might be Nvidia's "wonderful" auto-throttling of the fan speeds which also effects in-game performance too.

You might have to use coolbits, or Riva Tuner to manually set your fans to 85%-100% usage at all times to avoid dips and slow downs.

Also, I believe there is still a memory leak as well and have reported it to the devs since it was supposedly fixed in 1.02.

I havent noticed any temp alerts so far. Will check again.