i took a banana

peel it

eat the inside

take the white stuff of inside of the peel out with a knife

dry it in the microwave at low temp

misx it with tobacoo and smoke it

chill out

AndyJWest's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Researchers at New York University have found that banana peel contains no intoxicating chemicals, and that smoking it produces only a placebo effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananadine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCjv2OiTxE

raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    In 2008 a guy named Montarey Daddy (an anonymuos nickname?) published on various websites a report about the historical background of Banadine and how the FDA had intentionally spread a fake version of the recipe to deter people from making a drug. It also contains a detailed recipe for a kind of sun activated "musa patch" (like nicotine patches) that he claimed to be usable. Although apparently nobody has verified or disproved his essay yet, it is an important part of the Banadine myth that deserves to be mentioned on the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bananadine

Even though researchers at New York University have found that banana peels contain no intoxicating chemicals, banana peels do contain the psychoactive neurotransmitters tyramine and dopamine in significant amounts that if ingested are enough to affect people. The most characteristic effect of the interaction is a massive increase in blood pressure, leading to a hypertensive crisis, and possibly arrhythmia and death.[2] Bananas contain tryptophan which, when ingested, increases levels of serotonin in the body. This can lead to various mood-altering effects (Leathwood and Pollet, 1982) including a reduction in depression (Sainio et al., 1996). As well, Xiao et al. (1998) found that eating just two bananas a day for three days increased levels of serotonin in the blood by 16%. However, there is no mention in the literature of tryptophan having any hallucinogenic effects; it has, in fact, been used to reduce hallucinations in patients with mental disorders

myself with a single banana noticed the efeect, placebo or not, wow then wellcome placebo

on the ohter hand nutmeg is an scientifically accepted legal high

in fact seems quite strong to be legal

from the net:

Nutmeg is a commonly used spice in cooking and preparation of certain spice-mixes such as mulling spices. However, nutmeg contains an active psychoactive compound called myristicin, which belongs to the deliriant drug family. When taken in sufficient quantities, nutmeg off a spice rack can produce deliriant effects.

Why hasn't the public heard about nutmeg being a drug? Why hasn't there been an uproar from suburban parents demanding that the government do something about their children getting high? Well, the driving reason behind that fact that nutmeg's drug status is largely unknown is the fact that the nutmeg high is not particularly pleasant. Like most deliriants, nutmeg's efficacy at producing a hallucinogenic high is largely in the eye of the beholder and most people consider its effects unpleasant.

The reason nutmeg doesn't get eggnog-drinkers high is because one must consume several grams of it in order to feel any psychoactive effects. There is a dosage threshold based on quantity, metabolism, and body weight that causes nutmeg to cease being a spice and enter the realm of being a drug. Like other deliriants, the effects of nutmeg take several hours to peak. Nutmeg is one of the most bizarre psychoactive drugs in that it often takes up to six hours for an individual to even begin feeling minimal effects of the drug. Effects can range anywhere from a mild high or stoned feeling similar to marijuana coupled with alcohol to a full-blown deliriant experience with auditory and visual hallucinations, closed-eye visuals, and shifts in perception. Because of its efficacy to produce a cheap and legal high, nutmeg is most often used by people who are unable to obtain illicit drugs or by prisoners who have access to it in kitchens.

ROXunreal's Avatar Senior Member
    The serotonin increasing effects in bananas are because tryptophan gets converted into 5-HTP which is a serotonin precursor, and indeed some of it gets converted into serotonin in the body. Tryptophan is found in a lot of other foods, not just bananas, but all of the above contain rather insignificant quantities, especially for "getting high".

However, you can buy 5-HTP legally over the counter or online as it is unregulated. It has mild anti depressant qualities but won't "get you high" simply because very, very little of the serotonin produced in your body from outside sources will actually cross the blood brain barrier.

And don't mess with nutmeg in larger quantities, it lasts for a day and a half and is absolutely horrible.

yes but i wont try nutmeg sounds horrible

but the smoking banana peels is a different story

the first time i tried nothing

but the second taking more of the white of the peel yesterday is another story

i could swear i felt quite nice

you know what im off to the store to buy some bananas out of curiosity in the wiki talk on the artcile theres controvery about this

I recall when the rumour went around that the slime on the skins of certain toads had psychedelic properties. Unfortunately it was necessary to undergo nausea before any other properties were detected, so passing amphibians around at parties never really caught on. A good job too, they (the toads) would have been hopping mad for sure.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:
    this is what i just did and im soooooo chilled:
    i took a banana
    peel it
    eat the inside
    take the white stuff of inside of the peel out with a knife
    dry it in the microwave at low temp
    misx it with tobacoo and smoke it
    chill out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1973 all over again......

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
    I recall when the rumour went around that the slime on the skins of certain toads had psychedelic properties. Unfortunately it was necessary to undergo nausea before any other properties were detected, so passing amphibians around at parties never really caught on. A good job too, they (the toads) would have been hopping mad for sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about in the US but the Aussie toads were too hard to light.