DIRTY-MAC's Avatar Senior Member
    Pretty nice videoclip with lots of goodies,
    But I would like to know what that unusal looking radial engined plane is, it resembles
    a yak 50 very much but it isnt

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2320&q=ww2+gov

[IMG][/IMG]

Pretty nice videoclip with lots of goodies,
    But I would like to know what that unusal looking radial engined plane is, it resembles
    a yak 50 very much but it isnt

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2320&q=ww2+gov

[IMG][/IMG]

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    A single seater Yak 50.

Jasko76's Avatar Senior Member
    It's probably a Sukhoi or something homemade.

EDIT - forget it... it's a Yak, a flimsy one but still...

oops forgot to add the link
    now corrected

But look at the canopy its located much furter to the front than on the ordinary yak 50/53s
    maybe a yak 52 thats modified into a one seater?

The Yak-50 didn't exist until 1972. The aircraft in the video shares many of the same lines that the Yak-52 has, however it first flew in 1976. So, it's neither of those aircraft. The mystery aircraft is a single seat taildragger - also, notice that there appears to be some sort of protrusion on the top of the cowling extending from the front of the nose bowl back to near the windscreen. Possibly an air intake?? I thought for a moment that it may be a prototype, however there are 3 of them in the video suggesting a production model. This would appear to be a video of some sort of training exercise for pilots as the aircraft do not appear to have any armament.

So, what are they? Definately Yakolev. Model - ?????? Nothing in my photo archives matches.

If you can't tell already the footage in question is from a theatrical release - NOT wartime footage! (It is blended in with genuine wartime footage - notably the Il-2's) They are actors.

I had the movie at one time but tossed it out. I think it was made in the 1960's.

I suspected that i was made later, but still,
    if it was made in the 60s then the yak 50 wasnt made yet??? cant find anything on it too

they were a mix of planes in the air but the ones on the ground were some early war soviet fighter i can't remember the name it was in a book about the red airforce,