THIS

And I would like to state for the record that I think they're great.

THIS

And I would like to state for the record that I think they're great.

haha, damn ugly cars.

and they open like 109 cockpits.. ^^

"Ugly cars"???

I find them a hell of a lot more attractive than, say, SUVs.

I hope that this idea is revived: city dwellers don't need huge 4-seater petrol-guzzling monsters.

Former Axis countries were banned from making anything warlike for a decade or so after WW2, so they turned their talents to automobiles. German, Italian, and Japanese airoplane designers were in great demand.

As stated, I think these cars are great, far more attractive than modern cars, and far more practical in terms of road safety, the environment, and just basically not using up valuable resources. Easy to park, too!

I found a really interesting site that has a lot of information (and hundreds of photos) about these cars, and is in English, too.
    microcarmuseum

I wish I could find a pic of the Messerschmitt sewing machine. Looks like a DB though.

Junkers constructs heatings and sanitarian stuff now

www.junkers.com

If we're talking small cars, then of course there's always the Smart car with 700cc turbo Mercedes engine, not sure how these would go down in the US?

Our head boy - the 'school captain' - at the London grammar school I was imprisoned at - drove a BMW Isetta. He also held a mandate from the headmaster to cane the unruly - he wasn't the most popular pupil........

At the end of one term a group of us picked up the bubble-car and parked it in a stairs only pedestrian underpass Later on we realised it was only necessary to lift it and turn it to face one of the high flood-kerbs in the Hammersmith streets. With the handbrake on. Even if he could get in, no reverse gear and a steep camber meant he was still stuffed.

We promised to do it for every time he beat someone - and beatings duly lessened. By the time he left & came back complete with a Rover, as a master, the laws banning corporal punishment had been passed.

A---hole 0, Lower VC 10 and the cup!

All thanks to a poxy two-stroke cockpit without wings - LOL

Luckily they had this to fall back on - a truly social vehicle

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►