since i have been playing AC2 & AC:B i realized that most of the people that say the guards are too easy are right.

Here i have a couple ideas i think would add a great addition to the series.

#1 I have noticed that i you get into a conflict on the ground that the archers on the roof barley ever help the guards on the ground and that when they do they jump down onto the ground and shoot at you. I think that if the archers and gunmen stayed on the rooftops and shot at you that this would add somewhat of a challenge to guard fighting.

#2 Guards should team up and attack you at the same time instead of taking turns to beat on you.

#3 Sometimes wile fighting i noticed that the last guy or two sometimes run away. I think it would be great if they ran away to get backup. Or that if they do get away your notoriety wil go up slightly as if they reported you.

#4 More aware guards. The more notorious you are i think the more the guards should be aware. For example once you get notorious guards will start looking up at rooftops and saying things such as "Look out for the assassin.". Another great example of awareness is this.

Say its a sunny day out and you are on the rooftops. Obviously you will cast a shadow onto the ground at a certain point. I think it would be pretty awesome if that when you go to do a air assassination and a guard see`s the shadow he will quickly jump out the way.

That is all i have for now but comment and tell me if you like the idea or not

since i have been playing AC2 & AC:B i realized that most of the people that say the guards are too easy are right.

Here i have a couple ideas i think would add a great addition to the series.

#1 I have noticed that i you get into a conflict on the ground that the archers on the roof barley ever help the guards on the ground and that when they do they jump down onto the ground and shoot at you. I think that if the archers and gunmen stayed on the rooftops and shot at you that this would add somewhat of a challenge to guard fighting.

#2 Guards should team up and attack you at the same time instead of taking turns to beat on you.

#3 Sometimes wile fighting i noticed that the last guy or two sometimes run away. I think it would be great if they ran away to get backup. Or that if they do get away your notoriety wil go up slightly as if they reported you.

#4 More aware guards. The more notorious you are i think the more the guards should be aware. For example once you get notorious guards will start looking up at rooftops and saying things such as "Look out for the assassin.". Another great example of awareness is this.

Say its a sunny day out and you are on the rooftops. Obviously you will cast a shadow onto the ground at a certain point. I think it would be pretty awesome if that when you go to do a air assassination and a guard see`s the shadow he will quickly jump out the way.

That is all i have for now but comment and tell me if you like the idea or not

NuclearFuss's Avatar Senior Member
    #3 already happens. At least the notoriety part.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
    #3 already happens. At least the notoriety part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah it goes up from the actual killing when the fight is over but i don`t think it goes up like that.

Then again..............Maybe i`m wrong.

naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    guards shooting at u from the roof tops could get really annoying. it might work better withthe new system being able to use range and melee weapons at the sametime

but when archers joined regular guards in ACB, it just messed up the combat

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Number 4 also happens. When you are Notorious the guards notice you more. Practically to the point that once you are in their range of vision they get suspicious.

I like the idea of Number 1. With keeping them on their posts. I never noticed that they actually climb down to fight. That practically negates the point of being a rooftop guard who analyzes the streets below.

I don't like number two that much however, seeing as the guards probably didn't go through many teamwork exercises... And the only way to provide a decent system of that would to allow you to have a way to fight two of them directly at once. And if it's not fluid, no deal. I'd rather keep the fluid combat system we have right now where it's one guard at a time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
    Number 4 also happens. When you are Notorious the guards notice you more. Practically to the point that once you are in their range of vision they get suspicious.

I like the idea of Number 1. With keeping them on their posts. I never noticed that they actually climb down to fight. That practically negates the point of being a rooftop guard who analyzes the streets below.

I don't like number two that much however, seeing as the guards probably didn't go through many teamwork exercises... And the only way to provide a decent system of that would to allow you to have a way to fight two of them directly at once. And if it's not fluid, no deal. I'd rather keep the fluid combat system we have right now where it's one guard at a time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What i mean by teaming up is more like hitting you 1 after the other instead of every 10 seconds.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    They sorta do that.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    Rooftop guards should definately fire at you. It gives you motivation to escape fights, instead of fighting no matter where you are.

And I agree that guards should have a bigger awareness sphere, and notice you at the sound of running, if you're notorious.

Animuses's Avatar Senior Member
    Guards should be less annoying. Between throwing sand every two seconds and grabbing you from behind, it really makes combat a lot less fun.