Hi All,

I've had these ads on my pc for years and honestly, I forgot where I got them from. They come from "Luftwissen", a German avaition magazine that doesn't exsist anymore. I believe it was in operation from 33' to 45'. Might make for a good topic. I have 26 altogether but will only post a few at a time, depending on the interest from the community.

Interesting? I'm sure a few have already seen these.

Fritz

Heliopause's Avatar Senior Member
    Didn't see these before...thanks for showing them.
    Will wait for the ne xt ones to show up!!

interesting to see posters of modern companies promoting their engines for use in the german war machine. Makes me a little more fond to the beat up old BMW bike in the garage downstairs, has a bit of a family history to it.

@ murewa...
    Topic failed...
    It was no promotion of BMW or something like that. It was print in an old aircraf magazine, no commercial.
    I think a german company would never make any commercial with it`s war history. In germany that would be a huge scandal.
    So the german goverment would never assist to make historical planes like the BF 109 flyable, like some other countries did.
    I hope, that somewhen some people will end WW2 in their heads, especially, when they didn`t witness it, because a lot of people adjudge the germans still as Nazis, but while doing this, they aren`t better than the real Nazis were.
    Prejudices lead to things like this
    It isn`t against you, I hope you aren`t such a guy.

Here's some more.

[img]http://www.easternhotshots.com/ads/***1.jpg[/img]

Fritz

Originally posted by Big_Bad_Wulf:
    @ murewa...
    Topic failed...
    It was no promotion of BMW or something like that. It was print in an old aircraf magazine, no commercial.
    I think a german company would never make any commercial with it`s war history. In germany that would be a huge scandal.
    So the german goverment would never assist to make historical planes like the BF 109 flyable, like some other countries did.
    I hope, that somewhen some people will end WW2 in their heads, especially, when they didn`t witness it, because a lot of people adjudge the germans still as Nazis, but while doing this, they aren`t better than the real Nazis were.
    Prejudices lead to things like this
    It isn`t against you, I hope you aren`t
    such a guy.
    didn't think it was a modern or post-war advert, thought it was a wartime poster, I couldn't imagine any company would advertise that sort of history ever, thought it might be a wartime company advert and thought it was interesting, cause I've never seen any wartime company adverts, which there must have been.

Wasn't making any link between nazi's and modern german companies, totally not intention, just reflecting that its quite stiking that a brand we take as a household name today around the world was just the same, a household name to normal people, so long ago during such chaotic history. If anything I was thinking that BMW's reputation for lasting performance is more appropriate than often intended. its a touching tangible link with history, and thats a rare thing.

as for being prejudice against germans, totally not inteded, didn't think it would be taken like that, sorry for any offence. I myself am from a german family, the Snellings, and find such common popular stereotyping just as alarming

for being prejudice against germans, totally not inteded, didn't think it would be taken like that, sorry for any offence. I myself am from a german family, the Snellings, and find such common popular stereotyping just as alarming
    Ok, I have to say sorry, I missunderstood you.

I hope everyone enjoys these as historical artifacts. I also have a lot of identification papers and other documents from the mid 30's. They belonged to a German who's family I know. That should be an interesting topic as it let's you see into this person's personal life and times.

If these threads go well I will also scan and posts them after, as I promised, I have blacked out the names. It's interesting to see the control the Nazis had over everything.

I started these threads cause I was tired of seeing so many flame and fish threads lately.

Ok, here's three more.

Fritz

Great pics, more please.

I'm not up on these things but is that a 108 in the picture?

Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
    Great pics, more please.

I'm not up on these things but is that a 108 in the picture?
    It's a 109B isn't it? That's what I thought but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, or the last.

Fritz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►