I have a problem. How can i drop and grab something below without falling to the very end and losing synchronisation? I tried many times and nothing works and anytime i try to quick go down but not climbing(down)but i can't without losing life i'm falling. Help please

I have a problem. How can i drop and grab something below without falling to the very end and losing synchronisation? I tried many times and nothing works and anytime i try to quick go down but not climbing(down)but i can't without losing life i'm falling. Help please

You need to earn the ability to relaese and catch yourself through on of the missions

Is this really true??? I can't grab after dropping until I've earned the ability in some mission?

If so, it looks like I'm going to be doing alot of "hay-jumping".

altairego's Avatar Senior Member
    enjoy the hay while it lasts... quantities are limited

Don't worry Twin. You'll actually get there sooner than you realise. Though I'll admit it's a rather daft idea

what is a daft idea?

Did you not notice that Altair wore gloves at the start of the game? They had no knuckles so they weren't for extra fist damage.
    I've personally jumped from a rooftop to a parallel wall, and there's nothing more painful than grabbing it with bare hands, you'll feel like they've touched an open flame and are bound to fall.
    You need to get the gloves before being able to use open-hand to grab onto a ledge.

The only thing about it that I don't get is that he gets the physical stuff like his brace-blade and even a sword before he gets such a basic piece of equipment.

onora, i think his hands are so callused from holidng and grabbing things that he does not notice it anymore.
    but you've got a point: the gloves are sort of necessary for protection but here i guess they signify more privilege than a right.

He was stripped of his rank, abilities, and weapons.
    He needs protection in order to jump from rooftop to wall and grab a ledge.
    I believe he doesn't get the protection first because he starts as a Novice. When first joining the Hashashin, the boys must be trained and 'toughened up.' First, learn to jump from roof to roof, while doing so, learning how to take a fall. Once the Novice no longer falls (or falls very rarely) they aquire the ability to grab the ledge.
    It's just to make the Novice stronger, and Altair was demoted to a Novice...