View Poll Results: Hi! As you may have noticed I'm one of the [I]Unpaid Volunteer Forum Moderators and Tech-Support H

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gripe: I came here to Gripe!

8 22.86%
  • Read: I came here to read your Gripe!

15 42.86%
  • OOPS!: I clicked the wrong button!

1 2.86%
  • Force: I was forced to come here by the hand of divine intervention!

7 20.00%
  • SquiggleDeWabbits!: What's up with all these exclamation marks?

4 11.43%
    maztec's Avatar Senior Member

is it ok if i stick my first post up in here Maztec.... not the second one lol

modarith, hmm, if I could remember the contents of it :P

Go for it If you could tone down the pro-piracy vent that'd be good.

Maz

its not PRO Piracy(I can understand why you thought so though). I was making a point lol. I'm agenst Piracy as well, I Mean its not fair that I pay and others don't, but it does happen....

First of all I too was experiencing a problem with loading the game from DVD, but this is not the first time. Actually now that I think about it "Splinter Cell" wouldn't work ether which is also Ubi Soft. Myst being on DVD-Rom and "Splinter Cell" being on CD-Rom, I'm now more sure then not that it has everything to do with the Piracy Protection Methods, then the Disc Format.

Now with that said lets look at facts:
    1. The "DVD Issues? In Here!" topic has more views and replys then any other on this board. So its easy to conclude that this isn't a small problem.
    2. The Piracy Protection Methods that they implement have the same loop holes as everyone else. If i wanted to I could install any game on 100's of computers all with one copy....

IM NOT GOING TO I'M JUST SAYING THAT I CAN

3. People are returning games because they would rather have there money then a set of $40 coasters, I mean what's the good in a game you cant play....
    4. This doesn't motivate more people to buy your games because word of mouth is very affective, I buy most games because I saw my friend playing it, but if I see that same person frustrated cause of some problem that shouldn't be a problem in the first place. Well I change my mind real fast.

So lets talk about Piracy (OHH NO NOT THAT TOUCHY SUBJECT).
    I'm not going to say where I'm not going to say how, I'm just going to say if people want games free they will get them free, but alot of us don't because we support your games, Ubi Soft, Cyan, and everyone else that had a hand in this great game, and they deserve there paychecks just as much as we do. However there are always people that are going to take what they can when they can (its nothing new =P), and I promise For Them Piracy Protection Methods are a very VERY small hurdle in archiving that goal, but to your standard Joe the one that goes out and buys the game this is a VERY Big hurdle and there not making the jump well at all. So you end up hurting the consumer more then the person not paying a dime, which doesn't make much sense. Then the consumer takes the game back which in affect hurts you. This is not accomplishing anything.

My whole point in the above statement isn't PRO Piracy its just whats going on like it or not, and I think Gaming companys need to know this. Thats all I am trying to say...

Well then what's the answer to this problem? I don't know. I'd like to say that you might have to accept the fact that things are going like they are. That some people are going to take advantage of what they can. So try to make things as easy as you can for the consumer and we will come back next time. Ubi Soft makes alot of good games and I'm sure there's alot of people who agree with me. We will support you in the future

ohh and one more thing, alot of people spent there last $40 on your game (me included) and just don't have the funds or the means to buy a new DVD-ROM Drive when the one we have obviously works because it will install the Game in full.....

Well thanks for listening to my rant if you did =)

Your correct, it isn't pro piracy. Was the followup context you used before that made it such.

I paid $40 for the game also. I actually had these same issues with Doom3 of all things. But the bulk of the views to the thread in question are caused by the Dual Layer DVD issues, not SafeDisc. Albeit some are caused by SafeDisc. Which belongs in the class of reasons why I finally split that thread up

Maz

PS: I'll try not to make it a habbit to respond to everything here.

I bought Doom3 too diddent have that problem hmmmmm.

The Plot Thickens.

Hi,
    I bought DOOM3 too and didn't have any problems installing it. It seems the people who pay for the software have more to lose than those who don't need to pay for it. Perhaps when people stop buying the software the companies will learn.

One: Unlikely --- More likely that they'll start suing like the MPAA and RIAA. :P

Hi,
    If people stopped buying poor quality software products, then the companies making it would have no income and the bad products would disappear. I, like most people will pay good money for a good product when I have a middle class income. But I agree with you, our world is not ideal and they are more likely to use their cash reserves to sue those who can least afford their products. :P

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►