hey guys I was just wondering if you knew any good sites to get sub ringtones. like a ringtone that says all crew to battle stations or something like that?

Ant__.'s Avatar Senior Member
    There are the game sound files remember on your hard drive.

There's a pretty clean sounding sonar ping there too.

Oh, and if you know how transfer them to your phone please share it with us, I'd like to know!

How to get them off the computer isn't too much of a problem.
    I assume that they are either .ogg, or .mp3 files, maybe waves, or wma, but I would suspect .ogg.
    You should be able to download a freeware codec for Media Player to allow .ogg playback.

Each provider and phone is different; however, generally you can send an email to your phone's picture message address. Most phones will play mp3 files as ringtones, some might need to be rather short and low quality though.

If it's using .ogg files, you'll probably need a program like audacity to convert it to an .mp3, and on most Verizon phones you'll need to change the extension to .mid or the phone's OS will ignore the file and not display it as a valid ringtone even though the phone can play it.

I recommend you check out www.howardforums.com, there you can look up information on your specific phone and provider for specific instructions.

Thanks for your post bobwill! I'll go take a look at that forum

Bobwill, I need to ask you another question if I amy.

I have worked out that my Nokia 6020 accepts .aac files for ringtones. I've converted the sonar ping from SH3 into an aac. file.

Now. How to get it to my phone Are you familiar with the Nokia software - Nokia Music manager? Is anyone? I have the sonar.aac file in there, but I can't see how to send it to my phone.

Also, my bluetooth is activated on my phone but the software that came with the bluetooth adapter I bought today doesn't pick it up (my phone that is)

Stumped! I have a ready to go file I want to use, but can't 'transmit' it. No wonder these ringtone websites make so much money!!

If anyone can chip in here, and I know there are a couple of similar threads over on the SH3 forum, I'd be grateful, and I think some of us will learn a few things too!

What provider are you using?
    How familiar with Bluetooth are you?

I ask these because for bluetooth devices to be detected by another device it needs to be in discovery/discoverable/findable/broadcast mode, otherwise it either won't show up or it will show up as some kind of gibberish.

Also, some providers lock down features from their phones, especially bluetooth, Verizon is infamous for this. Few if any verizon phones support FTP or OPP. In order to transfer pictures and sound files you would need OBEX support including FTP.

Do you have a datacable for the phone? Another thing is, does your phone have any kind of removable memory? I like to my microSD card to move files back and forth. You can get a card and adapter for under $20 total online.

The old standby for a lot of people is to use picture messages. Your picture message account will generally have an email address associated with it, to find out what it is you can try sending a picture message to you email account. Then, you can send an email to your picture message with the sound file attached to the email.

I'm no expert on bluetooth, especially bluetooth on devices I don't own, so your phone's software might also send data over a bluetooth serial port connection or something else like that. I think that the program bitpim can use a bluetooth serial connection to transfer data.

OT: Cell phone ringtones

There are many places that provide ringtones for mobile phones, you can access zedge, https://ring320kbs.com to download ringtones. These are very reputable addresses that I have used