Since we're more off topic than on these days, here I go again...

What do you guys do for fun? Probably been done, but who cares, we'll do it again.

I love to metal detect, mostly civil war areas, historic homes.

Since we're more off topic than on these days, here I go again...

What do you guys do for fun? Probably been done, but who cares, we'll do it again.

I love to metal detect, mostly civil war areas, historic homes.

I like to tie women to fences then beat them with a dead cat. J/k...

I play ice hockey, read, play with computers.... And raise cats

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    I like pretending I am a WWII sub commander, also WWII pilot and tank comammder. Since many of you for some reason have subs in your sigs you should try this game series called "Silent Hunter", I think you all would like it.

swamprat69er's Avatar Senior Member
    I play SH4 in the winter. Boat and fish in the summer.......I also raise/resccue cats.

Wolferz's Avatar Senior Member
    I build plastic models in my spare time. I have a wee bit of that when my little family here isn't catastrophically ill or injured. Which seems to be all the time these days.

@ Swamprat... boating and fishing?
    How do you do that when you're constantly sword fighting the mosquitoes?

swamprat69er's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolferz:
    I build plastic models in my spare time. I have a wee bit of that when my little family here isn't catastrophically ill or injured. Which seems to be all the time these days.

@ Swamprat... boating and fishing?
    How do you do that when you're constantly sword fighting the mosquitoes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mosquitoes are only near land. Way out in the lake (5 miles) there aren't any and in the bright, hot sun they disappear into the long grass. In the evenings I light up a mosquito coil and that kills them off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
    I like pretending I am a WWII sub commander, also WWII pilot and tank comammder. Since many of you for some reason have subs in your sigs you should try this game series called "Silent Hunter", I think you all would like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aside from helping the defeat the IJN, what little free time I had (retirement recently increased free time ) was spent doing family things. I do like all kinds of outdoor activities and we do these as a family and with friends.

WernherVonTrapp's Avatar Senior Member
    Many years ago, I had many hobbies. Fishing, Military Models & Dioramas, freshwater aquariums & tropical fish, collecting old LPs (music albums). Now, I don't seem to have any, except SHIV.

I also like to build plastic models. I used to build airplanes when I was a kid but then I started flying for a living and it has lost it's attraction. I don't wanna feel like I am still at work when I am playing with my hobby so I switched to building . . . . wait for it . . . . submarine models!

Oh, and also, I am married, so I spend a lot of time working on the (her) house. Not sure if that qualifies as a hobby.....