In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Its unfair not to mention this because Portugal was the most important country in the world from 1415 (start of the Portuguese Discoveries) to 1543 (when they establish commercial afairs with Japan).

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language.

In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Its unfair not to mention this because Portugal was the most important country in the world from 1415 (start of the Portuguese Discoveries) to 1543 (when they establish commercial afairs with Japan).

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deoki:

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are indeed absolutely right about this. The game promises an unmatchable realism in Animation and I hope it can deliver some of that realism in terms of story and historical accuracy. Welcome to the forums by the way!

If I was making this game, I'd try to keep away from anything that can be considered absolute historical accuracy. References and dates at most, but peopole don't want to play a history lesson, most of the time; they just want to play a game. And also, no matter how much you abide by the facts, there's always ONE person who will nitpick and know more about the facts than you do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
    If I was making this game, I'd try to keep away from anything that can be considered absolute historical accuracy. References and dates at most, but peopole don't want to play a history lesson, most of the time; they just want to play a game. And also, no matter how much you abide by the facts, there's always ONE person who will nitpick and know more about the facts than you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this would add a large interest for me as i can claim my ancestry straight back to Joao II, the Portuguese crusade was a bloody thing, however im not sure that the hashhsshashin were active during the period.

and BTW, the Portuguese pretty much discovered the New world, and still to this day hold influence over large agreements and Nato accords, because of the historical importance, as well as the ratio of prominent people to population is way above any other country, IMHO, no source no source, them and Italians, did i mention im Italian Portuguese ?

noobfun's Avatar Senior Member
    but only the capture of african lands could be considered a crusade in the holy war sense

india, japan, the americas wernt muslim nations holding what the christians considered thier lands

and the times out by 400+ years

the first second and third crusade armies were mostly german (holy roman empire) french english and italian(small contingents and mercenaries)

so no not much chance of portugese references, it was a minor player in european politics, and pretty much a none entity in middle east politics

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Deoki : (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ummm ...... ummm....... what?

if you mean the americas and the west indies ( part of the americas) then yes

africa was known pre greek history, india was partially invaded by alexander the great but was known to the persians long before then so probabily the greeks too

covered indies/india as i wasnt sure from your spelling, as you say english isnt your main language so covered both to make sure

the_assassin_07's Avatar Senior Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand all this?
    -----------------------------
    -You can't escape the Assassin-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
    -You can't escape the Assassin- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

the_assassin_07's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
    Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok just wanted to know but seirously how can you guys understand all of this? I mean "Will Crusades reference Portuguese Crusades and Ordem de Cristo(Order of Christ)" and "In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language" HELP MEEEE!!!!!!
    ----------------------------

because its called history its written down in books

and they pretend to teach it in schools too

its fun go learn some ^_^

unless your american then you can go invent some becasue theres a real shortage over there apparently, they invented most of what happened in the second world war so why not do the same for the medieval periods too

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►