blazer-glory's Avatar Member
    I couple of years ago I downloaded a simple guide listing the various planes featured in IL2 and their various advantages and disadvantages. I've looked for it everywhere but cant find. Anyone know of something similar?

I couple of years ago I downloaded a simple guide listing the various planes featured in IL2 and their various advantages and disadvantages. I've looked for it everywhere but cant find. Anyone know of something similar?

You need Hardballs guide I think its on mission4today (have a look at the Nuggets Guide thread.)

Thanks, I'll check it out

zardozid's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe that this is what you are looking for...

Once I learned how to read performance charts (fan plot) I had a lot of fun with this application...I took a quick look for an article on "reading" performance charts (max turn angle, best sustained turn angle, ect...)but I couldn't find one. Combatsim.com used to have a good article on reading energy "fan plotting" charts, but it seems that they have removed it from their web site (too bad)...

Many thanks, that will help.

I actually found what I was after in a deep corner of my hard drive, hard to find though!