WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blairgowrie:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
    Wow! I'd love to see one of those fly.

Is that Hurricane and Spitfire both fibreglass replicas? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi WOLF,

The Hurricane is real and came from the UK. The Spit is a fibreglass replica. Knew anyone who has an original used Spitfire for sale? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh...I thought it was the other way round. Are they going to put the Hurricane in that new hanger? I always hate to see real warbirds outside in the elements, especially rare ones like Hurricanes.

Nice pictures Blair, thanks for sharing ...

Quote: "Oh mah GAWD!!! I have just realised my wife is standing in front of a Widowmaker."
    LOL

Hey Blair, I was down that way in 2003 going from my home in Toronto to the Grand Prix in Montreal and stopped in to see the old girl.

Wow they have got alot of work done since then!

I plunked down a few buck and bought a Halifax T shirt.

Thanks for sharing!

jensenpark's Avatar Senior Member

BlairGowrie with Lloyd Wright in front of NA337€s propeller. Lloyd flew many missions over Germany, piloting the Halifax €œVictorious Virgin€. For those who don€t know BG, he€s the younger guy on the left (though not much younger€¦he he!)

BlairGowrie with Col. Cy Yarnell and me (alias Jensenpark) on the right with the Spit 1X
    in Trenton.

Self explanatory

BG holding on of the recovered .303€s from the NA337. Anyone who has ever commented they thought our game€s .303 is undermodeled has never held one of these. I€m now amazed how anyone brought down anything with these peashooters.

Col. Cy Yarnell with my two boys Jensen (right) and Parker (left)€¦hence the name Jensenpark€¦when I dropped the boys off this morning at pre-school they ran and told everyone how they met a Spitfire pilot! Like father, like son. Col. Yarnell was walking back with us to the museum from the outdoor airpark in -20 weather, and the next thing I see is Parker, the youngest, reach up and grab his hand. They walked back all the way to the museum this way. I hope that he forever remembers meeting this hero. I know I will.

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    Excellent stuff guys. Thanks for sharing

GT182's Avatar Banned
    Jensenpark, is the museum in Ottawa? Great pics mate.

I'll have to try and get up that way and see it all. I'm just across from Cornwall and 15 miles east in NY.

Just came across a couple of more pics including the CF100.

The museum is located at Trenton, Ont which is about halfway between Kingston and Toronto. It is just off the 401 highway and easy to find.

A few more snatches of our conversation with Col. Yarnell.

Q. What did you think about the BF 109's and FW 190's?

A. First class aircraft and great pilots.

Q. What models did you fly against?

A. Can't tell you the types. All we saw were bloody great big crosses.

Q. How did you regard the p-51?

A. Fantastic aircraft. First they built a cockpit and then the plane around it. The Spit was built from the outside in and then they cut a little hole in it so the pilot could get in.

Q. Did you ever shoot anyone down?

A. Yes, I had one confirmed FW 190. Chased him all the way down to the deck from 20,000 feet before I got him. Also had one probable and one damaged.

madsarmy's Avatar Senior Member
    Fantasic! Thank's for posting.