i was looking forward to flying the bristol beaufighter but were is the rear/observer cockpit? {press c} i now there is no gun on a mark 21 but why not see the cockpit. will it be in the "free patch"

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    It's my understanding there is no gun there....so what would you do except go along for the ride?

Check your six maybe mate?

I've read the Beau did have a single rear facing .30 cal fired by the observer...in the book I read the pilots refered to it as a "pop-pop" gun because it was so ineffective. Perhaps they removed it from later versions for this reason? I don't see it on this one, but maybe there will be a patch with an earlier model somewhere down the road. Doubtful though...pretty minor point.

Gun or no gun, I want to check my six with C.

Hmm. Anyone else think it's a shame that the rear gunner/observers in multi-crew aircraft don't yell warnings for you?

If your passenger has a gun and the bandit is coming in at the right angle his shooting gives you a hint, but otherwise... absolute silence.

Oh, except if he's Russian, and then it'll be endless complaints about your flying...

"Noooooo! What are you doing!!?"

"I'm *!"#$% jinking out of the way of that FW190 YOU didn't tell me about!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hendley:
    "Noooooo! What are you doing!!?"

"I'm *!"#$% jinking out of the way of that FW190 YOU didn't tell me about!"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate the guy! I always wished for an "ejection seat" button for the IL-2 back seat...

Nah, he just wants to hog all the glory of the kill then complains when you evade and screw up his shot! Kinda makes you wish the IL2 was equipped with a rear ejection seat and the pilot had his finger on the trigger...

I was surprised there was no rear cockpit too. Now there is almost 0 visibility at the beau 6:00 position. Gun or not where have two pilots in the giant beau if you only get one pilot position .

I am dissappointed that nobody speaks in a bomber that should be alive with excitement during combat or at least calling where the Brits are concerned.

I am also dissappointed there is no electric sound from the "silent" electric turrets!!! or in the hand cranked ones the quiet mechanical crank sound

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►