Actually, yes. If the action radius does not include the Japanese aircraft carriers, then you won't ever intercept them. Stick with it. Besides, the Pearl Harbor campaign is short and hard to do. You will really see DCG shine when you move on to New Guinea or Guadalcanal

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OneMug:
    In my SP missions, my rank determined my position in the flight. I thought that DCG would be the same but, no matter what your rank below the highest possible, you are put in as the wingman of the Squadron leader. ??? Seems and unusual inflexibility for a "more flexible" generator.

Well, anyway, I made a USAAF campaign as Squadron leader and alles gut. I can be a little more flexible on flight path.

As for selecting 100% intercept, vs. random, seems like random would be more "realistic" and 100% would force an every mission engagement. Maybe its the operation radius of 250 km?

Thanks for all the input. OneMug
    P.S. I signed up for the DCG Jg1 site but it doesn't recognize my ID/PW, even tho' I was approved yesterday. Computi fan tutti. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, never had that problem. If I am the highest rank I am always the flight/squadron commander. Have you checked the pilot list in DCG to see that you are the highest rank?

1. I re-started my missions and am Sqdn Cmdr now, so that's taken care of.

Still can't figure why selecting the next highest rank down puts you as #2 on the leader's wing. In Dgen, at the 2nd or 3rd rank down, you're put in to lead the 2nd section or schwarm.

2. I started 3 Coral Sea USN campaigns last night (bomber,fighter,DCG navy pilot), flew the SBD & F4F first missions and, again, no enemy a/c got close enough to engage. Guess for the Pacific theater, I'm going to have to increase my radius of action.

Q. Does a/c density setting influence the chance of running into opposing forces? I've got a PIII 2.6 6CPU, 1 Gig Ram, Radeon 9800. Works fine with Dgen but I lowered the density a bit for DCG. Actually, the one mission I flew with full density only skipped frames when I was at 8X acceleration. When I went to normal, it flew fine. But come to think of it, I didn't encounter any enemies on that first flight either.

3. I registered a new ID/PW with Jg1 and got on right away. I must've porked something with my first registration. Gotta search how to go back to Dgen so I can finish a couple of 1946 campaigns.

End of Ramble, OneMug

Duh, 3d msg of this thread has the simple way to shift back & forth between Dgen & DCG.

OneMug (not)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scharnhorst1943:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
    Any one know how one would edit campaign length/number of missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Open up DCG and from the main screen, click the first icon to the right of the folder icon. If you put your curser over it it should say, "Campaign Settings Panel."

At the bottom left there is an drop box called "Time Passage." In that drop menu you can select how fast you want your campaigns to go. Normal is one mission / day. slow is two missions / day (I think), and moderate is one mission every two days. Select one and keep a close eye on the date ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

But what I'm really after is a way to limit a campaign to say, thirty missions or so.

Really long mega campaigns bore me, I'm afraid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Treetop64:
    DCG has many ajustable settings covering just about any type of mission setting you can think of, from just how many aircraft, ground objects, and ground columns populate the map, to what type of specific mission you want to fly, to much more. One of my favorite settings included in one of the latest versions of DCG is the radio chatter filter. With all of the activity going on the radio chatter can become an endless stream of repeating messages, especially between the aircraft and the tower during their landing cycles. With the radio filter I can now hear only the chatter from my own squadron and only the airfield that my squad uses (not everyone else's on the map). It takes a while to learn, but the DCG interface is intuitive and easy to use, and is more than worth the effort and time taken to learn it.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The radio chatter filter you described, is something I like to try but I can't find it in the DCG settings. How do I set the filter? I'm using DCG version 3.34.

D-XXI
    [/QUOTE]The radio chatter filter you described, is something I like to try but I can't find it in the DCG settings. How do I set the filter? I'm using DCG version 3.34.[/QUOTE]

Open DCG,select "Waypoint Settings Panel", the last window in the left column, "Default Settings" is the Radio settings. Select you preference.

I have "player squadron only" but, even then, I get too much chatter when another section is trying to land and they get waved off over & over & over!

OneMug