Scharnhorst wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">These old missions ... are they DGen missions or DCG missions? If they are DGen missions, you cannot continue them. You can restart any of the DGen campaigns, but they will now be run by DCG. [quote]

They're Dgen missions. If I understand you correctly, when I DCG "restart" my old Dgen campaigns, they will be overwritten and start over at the beginning with DCG settings? Guess I could just redo new "one pilot" campaigns and DCG them. Then I could go back to Dgen and finish my "old" campaigns.

[quote] So you can start DGen campaigns in DCG, but you cannot "Transferr them over." However, you can switch back and forth between DCG and DGen easily, but why would you want to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm almost done with a couple of the new 1946 Campaigns (I think - the Allies are mighty close to Berlin) and I'll probably finish them with Dgen, then try them with DCG. I've read it's "easy" to switch back & forth. All my learnings have steep curves

Thank you for your helpful and civil responses (to ALL) OneMug
    P.S. Hope my attempt, above, to split a quote into two section comes out OK. I'll see in a second.

Nope, my split quote attempt didn't work. I think now I should've quoted one bit, wrote my reply, then quoted the next bit, etc.

If something is not "foolproof", I'm the fool who can break it!

OneMug (not)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OneMug:
    Well, I'm almost done with a couple of the new 1946 Campaigns (I think - the Allies are mighty close to Berlin) and I'll probably finish them with Dgen, then try them with DCG. I've read it's "easy" to switch back & forth. All my learnings have steep curves
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough

OK, DCG missions are working. Two quick dumb@ss questions. (I've read Faqs, checked all the DCG set up windows, etc. No joy.)

1. How can I be a squadron commander, flight leader, or even a section leader? Even though I start the campaign at the highest rank, I'm always number 2 in a flight of 4 or 8 a/c. I "switched positions" with the Colonel but that didn't work.

2. I have 100% chance of intercept selected but on a couple of the Pearl Harbor missions, my flight landed before any enemy a/c showed up. I chose NOT to land and went to meet the attack but I was surrounded in a furball of Japanese a/c. I took a couple down but spent most of my time dodging bullets and got wasted. In the end I had to bail out and was lucky not to have been killed.

#2 gets back to #1. Had I been Sqdn Ldr, etc. I could have ignored the flight plan path & flown north of Oahu to find some incoming.

OneMug

One more DCG item.

On my first USAAF mission, I shot down 3 B5Ns, the scenery was gorgeous, and I felt great.

Loaded the 2nd mission (Vals incoming) and at 20-30% got this error msg: "Mission loading failed: String Index out of Range:2".

I set up a new mission but anyone know what might have caused that? I've done 3 DCG campaign set ups and, so far, the error hasn't shown up (yet) OneMug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OneMug:
    1. How can I be a squadron commander, flight leader, or even a section leader? Even though I start the campaign at the highest rank, I'm always number 2 in a flight of 4 or 8 a/c. I "switched positions" with the Colonel but that didn't work.
    OneMug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Every time I put myself at the highest rank, I am ALWAYS the flight commander. I honestly have no clue why this is the case for you, unless you thought you selected the highest, but mistakenly did not. All I can say is that, it works for me. If you select the highest rank, you should be the flight leader.

I have 100% chance of intercept selected but on a couple of the Pearl Harbor missions, my flight landed before any enemy a/c showed up. I chose NOT to land and went to meet the attack but I was surrounded in a furball of Japanese a/c. I took a couple down but spent most of my time dodging bullets and got wasted. In the end I had to bail out and was lucky not to have been killed.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2. Does that not sound historical?

One more DCG item.

On my first USAAF mission, I shot down 3 B5Ns, the scenery was gorgeous, and I felt great.

Loaded the 2nd mission (Vals incoming) and at 20-30% got this error msg: "Mission loading failed: String Index out of Range:2".

I set up a new mission but anyone know what might have caused that? I've done 3 DCG campaign set ups and, so far, the error hasn't shown up (yet) OneMug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not had this error message. Then again, I am not running the latest DCG version either. I have been meaning to update, but have not gotten around to it yet. The real world is prohibiting me from doing so

Any one know how one would edit campaign length/number of missions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
    Any one know how one would edit campaign length/number of missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Open up DCG and from the main screen, click the first icon to the right of the folder icon. If you put your curser over it it should say, "Campaign Settings Panel."

At the bottom left there is an drop box called "Time Passage." In that drop menu you can select how fast you want your campaigns to go. Normal is one mission / day. slow is two missions / day (I think), and moderate is one mission every two days. Select one and keep a close eye on the date ...

In my SP missions, my rank determined my position in the flight. I thought that DCG would be the same but, no matter what your rank below the highest possible, you are put in as the wingman of the Squadron leader. ??? Seems and unusual inflexibility for a "more flexible" generator.

Well, anyway, I made a USAAF campaign as Squadron leader and alles gut. I can be a little more flexible on flight path.

As for selecting 100% intercept, vs. random, seems like random would be more "realistic" and 100% would force an every mission engagement. Maybe its the operation radius of 250 km?

Thanks for all the input. OneMug
    P.S. I signed up for the DCG Jg1 site but it doesn't recognize my ID/PW, even tho' I was approved yesterday. Computi fan tutti.