E-Zekiel's Avatar Senior Member
    I know that random events (similar to Red Dead, but hopefully not as redundant as inFAMOUS 2) will be present in Revelations, and to me, this adds a TON of replay value. I used to play Red Dead ALL THE TIME even post-campaign, just because I loved all the random events and helping out the NPCs and playing the hero to meet this random occurrences.

But when it comes down to it, I like Alta´r better as a character. Don't get me wrong, Ezio is awesome. I really like him. He has a great story. But overall, Alta´r remains my favorite.

So this brought me to the thought - Will we be able to play as him, actually HIM, not a skin that goes over Ezio, for these free-roaming random occurrences? Even if I had to go into my DNA and replay an old mission, and just skip the start point, in order to achieve something like this, that would be acceptable.

I know it's too late to really place something like this in the game, if it had not already been thought of and implemented as a possibility, but even perhaps for the future (though I guess it's their last game), it's something to keep in mind, at least. Perhaps even for DLC? I'd most definitely buy that.

Anyway. I'm happy that Ezio will be able to, at least. I have been thinking about this for awhile though. I suppose I should have made a post sooner, but even so!

What are your thoughts on this?

I see Ezio as being your general polite gentlemen, offering assistance to those in need in a mostly nice-guy way. I think Alta´r would differ in that he might be slightly more priestly, in that he may conclude the encounter with some sort of lesson learned or advice to the character, or something along those lines. Though after seeing the recent extended cinematic, perhaps it would not surprise me if Ezio did the same. He seemed to have matured quite a bit with his words there.

E-Zekiel's Avatar Senior Member
    I know that random events (similar to Red Dead, but hopefully not as redundant as inFAMOUS 2) will be present in Revelations, and to me, this adds a TON of replay value. I used to play Red Dead ALL THE TIME even post-campaign, just because I loved all the random events and helping out the NPCs and playing the hero to meet this random occurrences.

But when it comes down to it, I like Alta´r better as a character. Don't get me wrong, Ezio is awesome. I really like him. He has a great story. But overall, Alta´r remains my favorite.

So this brought me to the thought - Will we be able to play as him, actually HIM, not a skin that goes over Ezio, for these free-roaming random occurrences? Even if I had to go into my DNA and replay an old mission, and just skip the start point, in order to achieve something like this, that would be acceptable.

I know it's too late to really place something like this in the game, if it had not already been thought of and implemented as a possibility, but even perhaps for the future (though I guess it's their last game), it's something to keep in mind, at least. Perhaps even for DLC? I'd most definitely buy that.

Anyway. I'm happy that Ezio will be able to, at least. I have been thinking about this for awhile though. I suppose I should have made a post sooner, but even so!

What are your thoughts on this?

I see Ezio as being your general polite gentlemen, offering assistance to those in need in a mostly nice-guy way. I think Alta´r would differ in that he might be slightly more priestly, in that he may conclude the encounter with some sort of lesson learned or advice to the character, or something along those lines. Though after seeing the recent extended cinematic, perhaps it would not surprise me if Ezio did the same. He seemed to have matured quite a bit with his words there.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    I love how some people can't take a character seriously unless he speaks like a generic monk.

Anyways, since the seals are recorded versions of specific events in Altair's life, I don't think they will support free-running.

RzaRecta357's Avatar Senior Member
    Also, why does everyone think he's monk like? Buddy is a murderer through and through. He doesn't talk monk like.

How many secret holders and heralds did he kill that begged forgiveness? He'd tell them to flap their gums and then murder them. He didn't seem worried about giving them advice or even allowing them redemption.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
    Also, why does everyone think he's monk like? Buddy is a murderer through and through. He doesn't talk monk like.

How many secret holders and heralds did he kill that begged forgiveness? He'd tell them to flap their gums and then murder them. He didn't seem worried about giving them advice or even allowing them redemption. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    He didn't kill them out of a sense for justice, he killed them because he could not risk them warning their masters.

RzaRecta357's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah I know most of the time was to silence them. But I just don't think Ezio would of did it the same. I don't know though. I guess you're right. It's 4 in the morning and I don't know what I'm trying to say. Ezio seems more like the robin hood type that would talk it out if he could.

Altair is down to business. Then again, Ezio WOULD murder a person just for his guards uniform haha.

This is why ACR is gonna rock! Production value to the max! When I said Ezio would murder a person for their uniform it made me think of that new video. You're recruits actually bust out and drag and hide the guy. Too awesome.

Totally random thought but like I said it's 4 in the morning and I'm just trailing off. Haha.

playassassins1's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
    Yeah I know most of the time was to silence them. But I just don't think Ezio would of did it the same. I don't know though. I guess you're right. It's 4 in the morning and I don't know what I'm trying to say. Ezio seems more like the robin hood type that would talk it out if he could.

Altair is down to business. Then again, Ezio WOULD murder a person just for his guards uniform haha.

This is why ACR is gonna rock! Production value to the max! When I said Ezio would murder a person for their uniform it made me think of that new video. You're recruits actually bust out and drag and hide the guy. Too awesome.

Totally random thought but like I said it's 4 in the morning and I'm just trailing off. Haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPOILER ALERT TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THAT GAMEPLAY YET!!!

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    ..Waht he said wasn't even close to a spoiler. &gt;.&gt;

Altair vs Ezio again *sigh*

On the topic though, I agree with Calvarok. These memories will probably be like those main assassination memories in AC1 when you had collected all the evidence.

playassassins1's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
    ..Waht he said wasn't even close to a spoiler. &gt;.&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok sorry