As everybody else seems to be on the whole giving a lot of grief about the new patch i just thought i'd say....

I think the patch rocks, plain and simple. I believe it to be an improvement to the 3.04 or whatever the patch before was. The FM has improved which is more than can be said for my flying skills (wonder if Oleg will do me a brain patch). I don't pretend to be an expert of flight dynamics or anything like that but i do game and sim alot and know an improvement when it comes my way. People seem generally ungrateful for the work put into this project. I suppose people would be filling these boards with whines and whinges if Oleg and co released a game, released one patch to fix the errors first time around and then buggered off never to be seen again. Anyway, i, for one doff my hat to Oleg and crew who put a lot of effort into this and still had the integrity of character to give it to us free. There are few companies in my experience who go to those lengths.

Regards

As everybody else seems to be on the whole giving a lot of grief about the new patch i just thought i'd say....

I think the patch rocks, plain and simple. I believe it to be an improvement to the 3.04 or whatever the patch before was. The FM has improved which is more than can be said for my flying skills (wonder if Oleg will do me a brain patch). I don't pretend to be an expert of flight dynamics or anything like that but i do game and sim alot and know an improvement when it comes my way. People seem generally ungrateful for the work put into this project. I suppose people would be filling these boards with whines and whinges if Oleg and co released a game, released one patch to fix the errors first time around and then buggered off never to be seen again. Anyway, i, for one doff my hat to Oleg and crew who put a lot of effort into this and still had the integrity of character to give it to us free. There are few companies in my experience who go to those lengths.

Regards

quite right Kloudkat.

I think the patch is great. I have longed for Singapore and Malaya and extra Russian maps for some time.
    I actually wish Oleg would bring out payware add-ods for Maps and planes as I think they would be more frequent than free patches, and of course it would add more cash to the coffers.

Cant wait for the Mossie and BOB.

Would love to see a Burma Map, Ceylon, Phillipines and more of Russia. Would gladly pay for them. Oh and Ships, Guns and tanks.....I'm getting carried away now.

O well off to the funny farm again

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    agreed....

Thus far I have greatly liked the patch.I do notice a bigger dificulty in landings and takeoffs and Im very happy about that.On full realism the FM in the privious IL2 just seemed to easy or maybe over the years Ive just become a better flyer.

Thanks Oleg.

yeah freeware is the icing on the cake, but frankly i'd rather pay for the privilige to ensure the gravy train is... er.... well fed with gravy ingredients at one end?

then, ideally, the gravy wont end.

hmmm now im hungry.

well, setting the practice of combining the pan juices from a thick slab of beef (that has been carefully seasoned with freshly cracked pepper and rubbed with ground sea salt, before roasting in a hot oven for long enough to have the fat in the cut infuse its taste and tenderness throughout the meat) with a splash of shiraz, some cornflour, some of the scrapings from the bottom of the roasting pan and a little water before reducing it over a steady heat to a thick sauce and sieving the result into a pre heated pewter serving dish aside, a production line of add ons for Pf indeed all the il2 series i would glady snap up at any opportunity.

getting the money to fund it, well, i only hope that an add on system is set up somewhere.

its clearly something people would support. Enough to make money?

who knows.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Akwar:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On full realism the FM in the privious IL2 just seemed to easy or maybe over the years Ive just become a better flyer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It was too easy.

I think 4.01+ gives the community a real use for the lower difficulty settings. The funny thing we Old Timers Aces are acting like we have as much trouble as the Newbies. hehehe and we don't like it HAHA wOOtS

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    Lexx....heheh

New patch FM demo is good

Night combat with no nav lights on AI planes is good

White shadows corrected for 6600FX users is good

Enhanced AI behavior in combat is way good..

Real online dogfight pilots hate real realism because it means they have to learn to fly...not point and shoot - and they fear the trim reaper.

Offline pilots dont care about 'internet DF brownie points' so they want ultra realistic realism, be sure.

Seems to me oleg and crew are smarter than most! If they were to go the payware route for addon planes , maps and assorted goodies it would kill the online aspect of the game! Say they release a big set of russian maps and planes but all the western front / pacific guys dont want those parts, they would be forcing people to buy unwanted addons to keep online compatability. I like the way its done now with the patches ( yea we dont all get what we want " solomens,torpedo planes ) but we all get the same stuff and only need to patch to play online. Payware such as pf and aep are ok but fixes and omitted aspects coming in patches is the best way to keep the game alive! IMHO!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Aint no bout a doubt it.....