I got into argument with a couple friends about cheating at the games you own. Their stance was that cheats shouldn't be in games while I felt that that they sometimes made a game more interesting. I just wondered what you guys thought.

I got into argument with a couple friends about cheating at the games you own. Their stance was that cheats shouldn't be in games while I felt that that they sometimes made a game more interesting. I just wondered what you guys thought.

oh shoot! Could someone please move this to General Discussion? I accidently posted in the wrong spot.

Exactly what do you mean by cheating? You mean by enabling God mode or infinite ammo (in a FPS shooter)? If so, Thats perfectly fine in single player. A lot of people like to screw around with the AI and such by enabling such implimented cheat features.

In pacific Fighters, there are ALREADY plenty of "cheat" features. Go to the difficulty option and you can turn off stalls, spins, blackouts, ect ect.

Doing this could help you practice your skill without worrying about dying, if need be.

Oh I mean just by having the option to cheat for all games in general. It could be codes or by use of a third party program. I like to cheat occasionally to mess around with the game dynamics. The guys that I refered to before feel that cheats detroy the experiance of gaming.

Sounds kind of extreme doesn't it? Everytime they walk into my room and they see me cheating at a game they get all mad. Then they poke fun at me for being "stupid". I could be playing, anything, except Il-2 of course, and they still will give me a hard time.

A good example would be final fantasy. I'll be blatantly cheating on it and they want an immediate explanation. My defense? I don't want to waste 60+ hours of my time just sitting infront of the screen leveling my character up. Anybody else agree? If the cheat does something in 30 sec that takes a person 60 hours of repetitive button mashing why not cheat?

It's all a matter of what you want to do. If you can't enjoy a game without cheating, then you do that. If your friends hate the idea, then no-one's asking them to cheat. In the end, a single player game is only as enjoyable as you allow it to be. Cheating in multiplayer is another thing altogether, of course.

Although one has to wonder why you'd bother playing Final Fantasy at all if you're not interested in all the exploring and 'leveling up' that forms 95.5% of the total gameplay. You've got to think of Final Fantasy as a single player MMORPG.

----

I totally agree too. Now the reason I play Final Fantasy is the story. Exploring is fine but when it comes to leveling up you usually find a choice spot and use over and over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cheating online is for ******s that can't handle a GAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posting in a thread without reading its content (or title, even) is for people who want to look like they never passed 3rd grade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> OT: Cheating (singleplayer) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

----

waffen-79's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Roboto2005:
    Oh I mean just by having the option to cheat for all games in general. It could be codes or by use of a third party program. I like to cheat occasionally to mess around with the game dynamics. The guys that I refered to before feel that cheats detroy the experiance of gaming.

Sounds kind of extreme doesn't it? Everytime they walk into my room and they see me cheating at a game they get all mad. Then they poke fun at me for being "stupid". I could be playing, anything, except Il-2 of course, and they still will give me a hard time.

A good example would be final fantasy. I'll be blatantly cheating on it and they want an immediate explanation. My defense? I don't want to waste 60+ hours of my time just sitting infront of the screen leveling my character up. Anybody else agree? If the cheat does something in 30 sec that takes a person 60 hours of repetitive button mashing why not cheat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@Mr.Roboto2005

I do exactly the same thing in Never Winter Nights (Series), it comes with an editor that allows you to create custom items, needless to say that I now have several characters with über items

Jaws2002's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JunkoIfurita:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cheating online is for ******s that can't handle a GAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posting in a thread without reading its content (or title, even) is for people who want to look like they never passed 3rd grade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> OT: Cheating (singleplayer) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

---- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man I blew it.
    that will teach me not to post before I drink my cofee.
    All I saw was "cheating" and I jumped in the boat.
    Post edited.