I've been playing Assassins Creed 2 for PS3 since it came out. I play in little bits here and there because I've got a new baby... tonight, there was a ps3-wide update/glitch that caused all trophy games to state - REGISTRATION OF THE TROPHY INFORMATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED Error 8001050F. Unbeknownst to me originally, I thought this was a local harddrive issue so I tried backing up my PS3, then restoring... problem is, the Assassin's Creed 2 saved file didn't make it! This is extremely frustrating as my saved game had months and months of playtime on it. Is there any way to get a saved game direct from Ubisoft? I do not have time to start this game from the beginning again.

I've been playing Assassins Creed 2 for PS3 since it came out. I play in little bits here and there because I've got a new baby... tonight, there was a ps3-wide update/glitch that caused all trophy games to state - REGISTRATION OF THE TROPHY INFORMATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED Error 8001050F. Unbeknownst to me originally, I thought this was a local harddrive issue so I tried backing up my PS3, then restoring... problem is, the Assassin's Creed 2 saved file didn't make it! This is extremely frustrating as my saved game had months and months of playtime on it. Is there any way to get a saved game direct from Ubisoft? I do not have time to start this game from the beginning again.

Switch off the PS3 and leave it. There is a bug affecting PS3's worldwide that has stopped you getting access to the PSN.
    This tells you whats going on.

Too late unfortunately, I suppose I was one of the first ones affected, before there were any reports as to why this was happening. A search of the error code stated that I needed to do a back-up and system restore... unfortunately, now the copy-protected saved games are gone.

I only found out about it 5 mins before posting, i freaked out and made sure my PS3 was definetely off i have a bad feeling about it :-/

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Please post in this Topic. Switch off PS3's(FAT ONLY) Bug destroying data and blocking access to PSN
    Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>