TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    ASSASSIN'S CREED PC TO GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AN NEW WAYS TO EXPLORE WITH MORE OPEN ENVIROMENTS.
    WTF... why can't we get some exclusive content for the early adopters who made this game a smash hit??? instead we get the silence of the assassin and his blade up our *** as the pc gets all the perks.

"Ubisoft has managed to slap hard the console fanboys all over the world and bring joy for the gamers who still believe that the PC systems are nothing but the best thing to run a game on: Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition – as the PC version of the game will be named - will feature some exclusive content that will make the Altair experience to feel even better.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft did not say exactly what this exclusive content will be, but we know that we will have four exclusive side missions accompanied by four new types of investigations, thus providing even more ways for players to explore the various locations of the Third Crusade. We don't know yet if the developers plan to give us further details or let us discover ourselves when the game will be released in March, but we sure hope it will really be something that worths the title of "exclusive" content and not just some meaningless stuff that only sounds good.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just has it has across the other platforms," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for video game fans worldwide."

Since its mid-November 2007 launch, Assassin's Creed has sold over 5 million units of the console version and has managed to delight gamers worldwide with its nearly perfect gameplay and, of course, the eye candy graphics. In the "Director's Cut" PC version, players will help Altair to stop hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict, while experiencing the art of a master assassin.

You will have to assassinate men said to be exacerbating and exploiting the hostilities created by the Third Crusade, in a chaotic mess resulted from the war between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, leader of Jerusalem. As the story unfolds, Altair will find out that the men he is supposed to kill share membership in a secret society and they are not simply looking for profit. However, you will have to discover on your own their true goal and how they plan to achieve it, everything starting this March, in Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition."
    news at softpedia, also G4 TV.

TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    ASSASSIN'S CREED PC TO GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AN NEW WAYS TO EXPLORE WITH MORE OPEN ENVIROMENTS.
    WTF... why can't we get some exclusive content for the early adopters who made this game a smash hit??? instead we get the silence of the assassin and his blade up our *** as the pc gets all the perks.

"Ubisoft has managed to slap hard the console fanboys all over the world and bring joy for the gamers who still believe that the PC systems are nothing but the best thing to run a game on: Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition – as the PC version of the game will be named - will feature some exclusive content that will make the Altair experience to feel even better.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft did not say exactly what this exclusive content will be, but we know that we will have four exclusive side missions accompanied by four new types of investigations, thus providing even more ways for players to explore the various locations of the Third Crusade. We don't know yet if the developers plan to give us further details or let us discover ourselves when the game will be released in March, but we sure hope it will really be something that worths the title of "exclusive" content and not just some meaningless stuff that only sounds good.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just has it has across the other platforms," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for video game fans worldwide."

Since its mid-November 2007 launch, Assassin's Creed has sold over 5 million units of the console version and has managed to delight gamers worldwide with its nearly perfect gameplay and, of course, the eye candy graphics. In the "Director's Cut" PC version, players will help Altair to stop hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict, while experiencing the art of a master assassin.

You will have to assassinate men said to be exacerbating and exploiting the hostilities created by the Third Crusade, in a chaotic mess resulted from the war between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, leader of Jerusalem. As the story unfolds, Altair will find out that the men he is supposed to kill share membership in a secret society and they are not simply looking for profit. However, you will have to discover on your own their true goal and how they plan to achieve it, everything starting this March, in Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition."
    news at softpedia, also G4 TV.

It's done thus to encourage more people to buy the game.

I wouldn't spend the money on the PC version if it were the same, because of the fact that I own the PS3 version, but now that I hear this, it is tempting to go out there and spend.

It's simple business tactics.

Plus, would'nt you (if you were a PC gamer) hate it if all they did was delay the game, and not add anything onto it?

It's sort of an apology... in a sense...

Plus, we don't know if these extras will be any good. xD

NOTE:
    I gave myself as an example, I am not saying that I will buy the game.

BTOG46's Avatar Global Moderator
    Don't forget, they allegedly had trouble fitting all the content on the consoles, as far as the size of the game is concerned, the only size limit for a PC, is the amount of spare space on the hard drive.
    So extra content is very easy to add on the PC.

As an Xbox 360 owner, and someone who jumped at this game when it became available I'd be quite disappointed if there was a considerable amount of new content which is available only for PC gamers.

I have no intention of spending extra money buying the same game just for another platform. In my estimation the core content of any game should be identical across platforms. If there really is substantially different content only available for the PC version (or any platform) then they should make new downloadable content available for players of Xbox 360 and Playstation.

You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
    You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Heh, not really, I'll have to buy a new graphics card just to play it, damn ATI for not going shader 3 when Nvidia did, but nooo, they said there was no point, as shader 2 hadn't reached anywhere near its limits in games, so they didn't go shader 3 till after my card was designed.

moqqy's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
    You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Heh, not really, I'll have to buy a new graphics card just to play it, damn ATI for not going shader 3 when Nvidia did, but nooo, they said there was no point, as shader 2 hadn't reached anywhere near its limits in games, so they didn't go shader 3 till after my card was designed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you are a rich man

Well... uhh... assumably... I mean, you're old! ^_^

Do you know how enjoyable picking on you in such a way is?

Can't wait till I'm 35 and crippled. xD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
    But you are a rich man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What ever made you think that? I've finally parted company with my old car because it cost too much to fill the 90litre fuel tank, and it only did 18mpg round town, UK Petrol prices are crazy, it's cheaper for me to use a Taxicab.
    *sniff* I'm going to miss my old BMW V8.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6959/imag00380bs.jpg