This isn't a complaint or a rant. This is just a note from a customer that ubisoft lost due to their heavy handed DRM. I'd like to buy AC2 but i'm not going to, or any other ubi game that uses this sort of DRM.

Please stop treating honest customers like criminals. It's pointless. The game will be cracked. People who don't want to pay for the game will download the cracked version. And they will have a better play experience then the honest people who bought the game.

In what way does that make any sort of sense? How does the DRM help you when all it does is turn off the people who were willing to pay for the game? It doesn't prevent people from cracking it.

Unless you bring a PC to my house and watch me as I play and take the PC with you when you leave, you aren't going to prevent people from cracking the game. So why don't you just give them game a reasonable price ($60 isn't reasonable) and just accept that some people will steal the game. Forget about them and instead just work on keeping the paying customers happy. Instead you go with way overboard copy-protection and you jackup the price. What a great combination.

When you remove this heavy handed DRM you'll have one more customer.

This isn't a complaint or a rant. This is just a note from a customer that ubisoft lost due to their heavy handed DRM. I'd like to buy AC2 but i'm not going to, or any other ubi game that uses this sort of DRM.

Please stop treating honest customers like criminals. It's pointless. The game will be cracked. People who don't want to pay for the game will download the cracked version. And they will have a better play experience then the honest people who bought the game.

In what way does that make any sort of sense? How does the DRM help you when all it does is turn off the people who were willing to pay for the game? It doesn't prevent people from cracking it.

Unless you bring a PC to my house and watch me as I play and take the PC with you when you leave, you aren't going to prevent people from cracking the game. So why don't you just give them game a reasonable price ($60 isn't reasonable) and just accept that some people will steal the game. Forget about them and instead just work on keeping the paying customers happy. Instead you go with way overboard copy-protection and you jackup the price. What a great combination.

When you remove this heavy handed DRM you'll have one more customer.

kleaneasy's Avatar UK Forum Manager Emeritus
    Please post any discussion surrounding the DRM in the existing thread. Thanks