I upgraded my IL2 1946 to the version 4.08, but 4.09 was not hosted on the ubisoft's site, but on some other site.

Does that mean that 4.09 is still in beta and that it is yet officially supported?

I upgraded my IL2 1946 to the version 4.08, but 4.09 was not hosted on the ubisoft's site, but on some other site.

Does that mean that 4.09 is still in beta and that it is yet officially supported?

No its official.

Please excuse my persistence, but if it is official, why is it not available directly from Ubisoft's site?

They will have it eventually. If it's not there yet it's because Ubisoft isn't going to make an old game a priority.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DROBNJAK1960:
    Please excuse my persistence, but if it is official, why is it not available directly from Ubisoft's site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It definitively should be, but Ubisoft, despite being a HUGE company, often acts like an irresponsible teenage pothead, who has had a brain injury - and suffer from premature Alzheimer's disease.

It is official.

The reason why is because Oleg and his development team (which made IL-2) have all current IL-2 information at the 1C forums.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Do search here or over there and you'll get the 4.09 links.

So what is the more current version, 4.09m or just plain 4.09?

Both are the same.

The "m" is a now obsolete marking of "merged" install.
    Some years back, it was possible to install the Pacific Fighters CD as a standalone software, or, as an addon to Forgotten Battles.
    Both carried the same version number, but the latter was marked as "merged". So 3.04 was PF standalone with only limited planes/maps, and 3.04m was FB + FP with all maps and planes produced for IL-2 up to that point.

It all became obsolete when IL-2 '46 was released on DVD, since everything fit on it. Since then, some people still use the "m" marking, because it is technically a merged install, but a lot more people drop this, as it bears no relevance any longer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

It definitively should be, but Ubisoft, despite being a HUGE company, often acts like an irresponsible teenage pothead, who has had a brain injury - and suffer from premature Alzheimer's disease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft is a corportation, and as such, certainly can do no wrong and should be worshipped and obeyed like a god, at least by idiots, right Bearcat?