I know someone has made a post about this in the past, but it really has come to my attention the past few days. I've been working back through AC and ACII, and just finishing up the flags on ACB. I gotta say, the attacks in ACB didn't seem to pack as much...punch, I suppose. It didn't look like it hurt them. I killed someone with a giant axe, and it didn't look nearly as good as it did in ACII. The faces of the characters inside the Animus (I can't remember what they look like outside it) have degraded from ACII noticeably. Graphically, it feels weak, and I can honestly say that I preferred AC's graphics over ACB because they felt so much more real.

Anyone with me on this? Maybe not that last sentence, but the rest of it at least?

I know someone has made a post about this in the past, but it really has come to my attention the past few days. I've been working back through AC and ACII, and just finishing up the flags on ACB. I gotta say, the attacks in ACB didn't seem to pack as much...punch, I suppose. It didn't look like it hurt them. I killed someone with a giant axe, and it didn't look nearly as good as it did in ACII. The faces of the characters inside the Animus (I can't remember what they look like outside it) have degraded from ACII noticeably. Graphically, it feels weak, and I can honestly say that I preferred AC's graphics over ACB because they felt so much more real.

Anyone with me on this? Maybe not that last sentence, but the rest of it at least?

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Personally I felt the graphics were improved over AC2..

I thought the textures for buildings etc were a lot sharper and the fact that the lovely 'dappled sunlight'which flows across the ground from AC1 returned made the open parts a lot more real looking..

But I guess it can come down to personal taste

I play on a 42' 1080p TV on Xbox - and think it looks great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

I thought the textures for buildings etc were a lot sharper and the fact that the lovely 'dappled sunlight'which flows across the ground from AC1 returned made the open parts a lot more real looking..

I play on a 42' 1080p TV on Xbox - and think it looks great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Mr. Shade. I think the graphics have improved in ACB than AC2. I really not seeing what people are saying when they say the graphics went down from AC2 to ACB

Hmm. Maybe "graphics" isn't the right word...maybe it's just that it feels glitchy. I mentioned it in the Feedback thread, but things like your shoulder glitching through the capes, weapons floating off your body, and one of the very first cutscenes where Ezio's knee comes out of the robe at the bottom of...that place at the end of ACII (trying to avoid spoilers).

All that being said, whoa! A forum mod commenting without it being something like "shutting thread"?? That's definitely a first.

Avl521's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't worry they'll "shut it" later

lol kidding, anyways I also agree, Brotherhood improved the graphics over AC2 a lot, but I'd still like to see AC3 have even better graphics both in architecture and environment AND character models and realism as well.

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

I play on a 42' 1080p TV on Xbox - and think it looks great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah that is def true. I have played each game daily until the new one comes out and I immediately noticed the difference especially playing with a ps3 it was way better this time. Jean francois boivin did also say they went back a little bit to the "crisp image" that they used in the first game for ACB.

What? The faces in Brotherhood are a lot more detailed than those in ACII. The graphics have improved since ACII and the lighting is better as well. I'm pretty sure ACII is the worst of the three in terms of graphics.