Razrback16's Avatar Senior Member
    ** POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Why didn't Ubi install this as a completely separate memory sequence somewhere between when Cesare is arrested and when you go to kill him in Viana? The way it's setup the timeline is all out of sync and doesn't make any sense.

Edit: I wanted to add that there are just some pieces that don't make sense by statements & dates as well, can anyone explain?

For example, The Davinci Disappearance (TDD) occurs in 1506 sometime between when Cesare is put in prison (before you kill him in 1507) but after Ezio hides the Apple (and Rodrigo is dead already as well) -- but yet in the second mission Lucrezia tells her guards that her father protected her while she was out riding -- her father has been dead for like 3 years. Maybe she meant her father in law?

At what point should you play these missions when playing through Brotherhood so that you retain timeline continuity?

** POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Why didn't Ubi install this as a completely separate memory sequence somewhere between when Cesare is arrested and when you go to kill him in Viana? The way it's setup the timeline is all out of sync and doesn't make any sense.

Edit: I wanted to add that there are just some pieces that don't make sense by statements & dates as well, can anyone explain?

For example, The Davinci Disappearance (TDD) occurs in 1506 sometime between when Cesare is put in prison (before you kill him in 1507) but after Ezio hides the Apple (and Rodrigo is dead already as well) -- but yet in the second mission Lucrezia tells her guards that her father protected her while she was out riding -- her father has been dead for like 3 years. Maybe she meant her father in law?

At what point should you play these missions when playing through Brotherhood so that you retain timeline continuity?

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:

At what point should you play these missions when playing through Brotherhood so that you retain timeline continuity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In terms of continuity of Desmond's story, I think best to play after main story. But in terms of Ezio's story, it's a bit confusing. I think it's actually not possible to play at the proper point on the timeline. After sequence 7, sequence 8 and 9 simply move forward on their own accord without a "Decline" option for the memories, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but yet in the second mission Lucrezia tells her guards that her father protected her while she was out riding -- her father has been dead for like 3 years. Maybe she meant her father in law? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understood it as she meant her father protected her all this time, and now that he's dead, someone's trying to kill her. Dunno whether I understood it wrong, though.

My biggest problem with this is: Until DaVinci DLC, I thought Ezio hid the apple after killing Cesare. But now it seems it's the other way around. But then why does the animus show it in memory sequence 9 after killing Cesare?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
    In terms of continuity of Desmond's story, I think best to play after main story. But in terms of Ezio's story, it's a bit confusing. I think it's actually not possible to play at the proper point on the timeline. After sequence 7, sequence 8 and 9 simply move forward on their own accord without a "Decline" option for the memories, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on Desmond's story -- that definitely seems to make the most sense in terms of when to play it. I just wish it all fit better with Ezio's story. And yes, once you start the final Cesare mission, you're basically locked in until you kill him. No options on stopping. Otherwise, that's where I would play it, after you get Cesare arrested, but before you kill him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
    I understood it as she meant her father protected her all this time, and now that he's dead, someone's trying to kill her. Dunno whether I understood it wrong, though.

My biggest problem with this is: Until DaVinci DLC, I thought Ezio hid the apple after killing Cesare. But now it seems it's the other way around. But then why does the animus show it in memory sequence 9 after killing Cesare? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, maybe you're right about her meaning there. While that's certainly not my first take from it by the words she uses, that may be what she meant, and it was just a poor choice of words.

And I agree about hiding the Apple.

I can tell you a place where it makes no sense to start (because it is what I did) is before you bust Caterina out of Sant Angelo.

I did the infiltrate mission in the DLC and then the other and that was confusing. I would agree before the Cesare arrest, good call.

And if Ubi is taking notes at all, I wanted to say thanks for adding in the Davinci Disappearance. I finished it this afternoon and it was quite enjoyable, particularly the mission where you infiltrated Lucrezia's villa. Love cut scenes like those where Ezio just shows how he's the alpha male in every way (women, cunning, fighting, etc.). lol.