MB_Avro_UK's Avatar Senior Member
    My father flew DC3s (Dakotas) with British European Airways in the early 1950s. They were ex RAF glider tugs and had a warning on the instrument panel about the release of a glider at certain speeds!

Here's a true story. A new stewardess was onboard so both pilots decided that they would give her a fright. They opened the side cockpit windows (aircraft was not pressurised of course),set autopilot,pressed the summons button for the stewardess then they hid in the two cockpit uniform lockers. The stewardess opened the cockpit door to find an empty and abandoned aircraft with the windows open

This would not of course be allowed today

Regards,
    MB_Avro

My father flew DC3s (Dakotas) with British European Airways in the early 1950s. They were ex RAF glider tugs and had a warning on the instrument panel about the release of a glider at certain speeds!

Here's a true story. A new stewardess was onboard so both pilots decided that they would give her a fright. They opened the side cockpit windows (aircraft was not pressurised of course),set autopilot,pressed the summons button for the stewardess then they hid in the two cockpit uniform lockers. The stewardess opened the cockpit door to find an empty and abandoned aircraft with the windows open

Regards,
    MB_Avro

F0_Dark_P's Avatar Senior Member
    that was plain evil

fluke39's Avatar Senior Member
    Hehe.. nice one!

Airmail109's Avatar Senior Member
    LMAO!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MB_Avro_UK:

Regards,
    MB_Avro </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG Avro my grandfather was a steward with BEA from the start he flew on DC3s his name is Eric Winsper whats your Dads name they probably knew each other it was only a small outfit. My wifes uncle was an egineer with the airline too/

Hey von

pm me. The story is true!! My father is alive and well.We share a beer or three regularly! He is an ex Meteor pilot which was a good grounding for the Dakota

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro

You got pm mate

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►