• Maybe

0 0%
  • Your Awesome

0 0%
  • I'm Awesome

0 0%
    VTAssault's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually the Airforce.

The reason my parents (read: mother) is so mad is because I come from a fairly liberal family, who are a bit more than conscientious objectors.

I've been talking to a recruiter for the last few weeks, I took the ASVAB last thursday and scored a 93. That means that not only am I a big WANT for the airforce, but I have a choice of any job in the entire airforce with the exception of Pilot (which I don't want to be anyway).

I go in next week to discuss career options, my choice will determine when I leave for Basic Training. Probably somewhere between 3 and 6 months, although because of my ridiculously awesome high score, they may expedite me right into under three months.

Thats my big announcement, Im sure some of you are like "Pfft, big deal" and all I have to say is, "NANANANA Someday you'll address me as General Commander in Chief Emperor Majesty." Or just Overlord for short.

Then we shall see who's the big deal.

i am indeed awesome.......congrats lol

MadamTampini's Avatar Senior Member

Hey dude regardless of what your parents think, it's your decision, and they should support you

Good luck in the future. You'll still be around though, right?

ZOMG!!!!!!! That is so awesome, congratulations!! Way to support your country as well.

And hey, I hope you get stationed at the Jacksonville Airforce Base in Arkansas, we'll be neighbors! I'd HAVE to meet you.

Congrats on the 93 as well, you're really smart.

Except for the 8 weeks at Basic, Of course I'll always be around. In fact good luck getting rid of me.

Melonie, I was actually thinking of getting stationed in Japan or maybe the U.K. or even Hawaii. I wanna do a bit of travel. But maybe someday Ill take a spin through your neck of the woods and stop and say Hi.

Originally posted by VTAssault:
    Except for the 8 weeks at Basic, Of course I'll always be around. In fact good luck getting rid of me.

Melonie, I was actually thinking of getting stationed in Japan or maybe the U.K. or even Hawaii. I wanna do a bit of travel. But maybe someday Ill take a spin through your neck of the woods and stop and say Hi.
    Oh, you will get to travel, but not neccessarily where you hope to go.

Are you good with your hands? Are you mechanically apt? Aircraft maintenance or jet engine repair would set you up for a career even after you get out. Then there is the computer field. Pick something that will allow you to have a career after you get out.

Im definitely looking into the computer field. Mechanics is interesting, but not something I feel drawn to.

As for where I could be stationed, I understand its more of the needs of the airforce than where I want. But i'm sure that with 3-4 bases in Japan and 2 in the U.K. I have a good chance of getting what I want.

That is, after I complete tech training, wherever that might be.

You may get what you want, but don't get your hopes up. My dad was in the army for 22 years and he never once got stationed where he wanted to be.

Major props if you're able to be, though. And ZOMG, Japan would be t3h pwner!

halo_99's Avatar Senior Member
    Yvan eht nioj.

.ecrofria eht gninioj mi ,han