I have two versions of il-2 on my pc: FB V 1.22 and 1946 4.08
    Why ???,well it's the sise of the plains.
    When you change the view from cockpit view to outside view in 1946,the plains are mutsh smaler compaired with thesame thing in version 1.22
    I allways wanted to change that,as i like the aspect in 1.22
    I know you can change the water or clouds,but can you change the sise of the plains in 1946 to 1.22 standards ???
    Did anyone of you try this ???
    Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give.

I have two versions of il-2 on my pc: FB V 1.22 and 1946 4.08
    Why ???,well it's the sise of the plains.
    When you change the view from cockpit view to outside view in 1946,the plains are mutsh smaler compaired with thesame thing in version 1.22
    I allways wanted to change that,as i like the aspect in 1.22
    I know you can change the water or clouds,but can you change the sise of the plains in 1946 to 1.22 standards ???
    Did anyone of you try this ???
    Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give.

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    Not sure what your looking for but you can zoom in and out using the mouse when in external view. Additionally, you can use your FOV, wide, normal and gunsights keys to adjust view depth.

WV

Yeah, try left-clicking (or is it right-clicking?) and dragging the mouse vertically. That will zoom in or out. Maybe that is part of your confusion??

You may have accidentally hit the "Page down"-button, it shows everything from a bit further back, very useful when you want an overview in the cockpit.

No, he's right, at least for him and me it seems as though the external views of the planes vary for Forgotten Battles and 1946.

I solved the problem by going into the CONTROLS or HARDWARE SETUP menu and remapping the key ('End' in my case) used for 'Normal View' to FOV65 (or whatever Field-of-View setting you wish).

So now when I hit the 'End' key on my keyboard, I now get 'FOV65' and not 'Normal View'.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    my plains are vast...prairies too...and my mountains are misty and often blue.

Jediteo's Avatar Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum Jeepee

Are you starting to go Nancy on us ?

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    ok victor - you have a Tagert infection...go wash it off with soap and hot water PDQ